1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[CS:GO] de_shade

  • tomm
  • December 22, 2013 at 5:02 PM
  • tomm
    • December 22, 2013 at 5:02 PM
    • #1

    Hey guys,


    I've been working on this map for maybe a week and i've come to a state where I need crits/testing, it's still just an ugly blockout.

    Theme of the map should be urban/winter/dirty streets and shit.


    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=203887289


    Crits are highly appreciated.


    new overview:

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23699866/media/cs/overview_f2.jpg]


    old overview:

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23699866/media/cs/overview_f.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23699866/media/cs/screenshots/24.12.2013/de_shade0000.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23699866/media/cs/screenshots/24.12.2013/de_shade0001.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23699866/media/cs/screenshots/24.12.2013/de_shade0002.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23699866/media/cs/screenshots/24.12.2013/de_shade0003.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23699866/media/cs/screenshots/24.12.2013/de_shade0004.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23699866/media/cs/screenshots/24.12.2013/de_shade0005.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23699866/media/cs/screenshots/24.12.2013/de_shade0006.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23699866/media/cs/screenshots/24.12.2013/de_shade0007.jpg]

  • Squad
    • December 22, 2013 at 6:21 PM
    • #2

    Be sure to first read the first post with instructions!

  • misutow0lf
    • December 22, 2013 at 8:47 PM
    • #3

    Looks like it will be fun. I can't wait to test it. When I get home from work I'll grab it from workshop and give it a go.

  • misutow0lf
    • December 23, 2013 at 1:19 AM
    • #4

    Hey, what Dev material are you using for your railings? Unless I am missing assets or don't have them installed, I can't find a railing Dev material in my copy of Hammer. Any info would be great.

  • UnknownPredator
    • December 23, 2013 at 4:59 AM
    • #5

    That material for the railing is dev/dev_measurerails01

  • misutow0lf
    • December 23, 2013 at 6:00 AM
    • #6

    Woo! Thanks.

  • tomm
    • December 23, 2013 at 9:58 AM
    • #7

    Found this ugly sniping spot I'll probably have to fix :/


    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23699866/media/cs/overview_sniping_spot.jpg]

  • blackdog
    • December 23, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    • #8

    Looks very interesting.

    Maybe warehouse bombsite (B) could use an elevated position inside to add some spice?

  • tomm
    • December 23, 2013 at 1:50 PM
    • #9

    thanks! I've been thinking about that too, we'll see if I can come up with something reasonable.

  • misutow0lf
    • December 23, 2013 at 4:45 PM
    • #10

    Yeah, maybe have one of the entrances come in on an upper level or some sort of catwalk or something?

  • blackdog
    • December 23, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    • #11

    It's very generic, but scaffoldings remind me of the first area of Splinter Cell Conviction's Mozdok Proving Grounds map... take a look at that maybe. They had like a raised office-observation area overlooking the warehouse rooms.

  • tomm
    • December 24, 2013 at 1:27 AM
    • #12

    Updated the map with some tweaks on both bombsites and also improved the lighting, there are still some dark areas I'll fix sooner or later.


    Check it out it you're interested

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™