1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Request: porting models from Goldsource (cs 1.6) to CS:GO

  • Spherix
  • December 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM
  • Spherix
    • December 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    • #1

    I usually don't place any requests as I like figuring things out of my own, but I have zero experience with this. I'm continuously porting climb maps from cs 1.6 to CS:GO to help the community develop; currently working on a port that contains some custom (static) models and I haven't got a clue on how to convert them to CS:GO as I don't do anything with modeling.

    I'm looking for anyone to either do it for me, or teach it to me.


    Thanks!

  • ShockaPop
    • December 10, 2013 at 7:10 AM
    • #2

    Porting is ugly. Remake the maps if you got a permission (you already got permission to port them, right?), make 'em look nice and so they fit the style of CSGO.

  • Spherix
    • December 10, 2013 at 7:44 AM
    • #3

    Thanks, that was the advice I was looking for... I generally give maps that I port a facelift as long as it doesn't cost me too much time. Current way is to just generate content to let the climb scene grow for CS:GO after that, I'll switch to making pretty things. For now, I need help with porting some models.


    Topic can be closed, thought myself how to do it using 3DSmax and WallWorm's tools. Cheers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™