1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Quake 3 Texture problem

  • Sprony
  • November 28, 2013 at 2:44 PM
  • Sprony
    • November 28, 2013 at 2:44 PM
    • #1

    I realize now, that Quake 3 editing is pretty death and the chances of finding someone here are rather slim but still, I have to try!


    I was forced to re-install my computer. Luckily I got everything up and running rather smoothly but there's one problem. I'm using GtkRadiant 1.4 in combination with Q3map2 and Q3Map2 Toolz. I can make new maps, load old maps, save and compile them. No problems. However, regardless of which compile option I choose, I get the result as shown below. Somehow the compiler is downsizing the textures. I say compiler because:


    It's not the editor. Regardless which map I make or load, everything works fine. It's not the game. If I take old compiles or load the original maps. all is displayed normally.It's not the textures. Even vanilla textures show the same problem.It has to be a compiler issue. I reinstalled Q3map2 to no avail. I'm running out of ideas.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/2sbGuq4.jpg]

  • Sprony
    • November 28, 2013 at 6:54 PM
    • #2

    Haha, I found the problem. After re-installing Windows I decided to sort through my old files and make everything tidy. This resulted in me installing Q3Map2 in a directory outside the Quake 3 directory. That's apparently the problem because I now placed it in the Quake directory and tada, it works like a charm!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™