1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Dennis's handpainting corner

  • Dennispls
  • November 12, 2013 at 8:11 PM
  • Dennispls
    • November 12, 2013 at 8:11 PM
    • #1

    Hello Folks,


    I've been interested in doing handpainted stuff ever since I started getting hooked on the Blizzard art style.
    I found this great tutorial by Tyson Murphy. the result can be seen below.

    [Blocked Image: http://dennisgriesheimer.nl/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Handpainted-Sword-1.jpg]

    When I completed this I took my World of Warcraft Collectors edition art books and scoured for some usable concepts. I found one at the start of the Lich Kings art book and modelled it after the concept.
    Results below.

    [Blocked Image: http://dennisgriesheimer.nl/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Handpainted-Sword-2.jpg]


    Comments and crits very welcome!

  • Thurnip
    • November 13, 2013 at 1:07 PM
    • #2

    wow!!! cool


    you have the tutorial link?


    Personally, i think the skull's horns on the second image are too thin, to match the overall model. Seems fragile.

    but the paint job is great

  • Dennispls
    • November 13, 2013 at 1:30 PM
    • #3

    Cheers Thurnip!

    The tutorial I was referring to can be found below:
    https://www.3dmotive.com/f101801


    I will have a look at the horns and see if I can beef them up slightly.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™