1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Have single-player FPS gone backwards?

  • -HP-
  • October 22, 2013 at 11:57 PM
  • -HP-
    • October 22, 2013 at 11:57 PM
    • #1

    Not news for the mapcore crowd but it's good to see this guy fighting the good fight!


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q6UQ2QlRH0


    Related, SpronyvanJohnson's article:

    https://migrationtest.mapcore.org/page/features/…duty-effect-r26

    [Blocked Image: https://migrationtest.mapcore.org/uploads/monthl…-1375553426.gif]

  • Taylor
    • October 23, 2013 at 11:44 AM
    • #2

    I believe this was posted before in the Shadow Warrior thread but it's still a good video. Although, whenever I see Total Biscuit talk about modern conventions all I can remember is him complaining about the lack of them in Volgarr while taking literally five minutes to walk two screens.


    There was also an interesting breakdown of Bioshock: Infinite's combat mechanics. It's rather long but fortunately was inadvertently summed up by this comment.


    Quote

    If bitching about mechanics regression that everyone in the know should have expected is the best people can come up with when talking about the game, I have to say I'm not impressed.

  • Sprony
    • October 23, 2013 at 1:51 PM
    • #3

    That's correct Taylor but still, it's a great video. Thanks for posting it again [HP] and of course, for promoting my article.


    I haven't played a modern FPS in ages (except for Battlefield MP). There are only 3 upcoming shooters I'm interested in: Destiny, Titanfall and yes Killzone: Shadow Fall. I just love the art and vibe in the Killzone games but I won't be playing it and expecting innovation. No, Destiny and Titanfall must bring that to the table. In the mean time, I'm going to play Sock his latest Quake map (The Ivory Tower) because it's better than most modern shooter crap out there.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™