1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[CS:GO] Vscript question

  • Spherix
  • September 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM
  • Spherix
    • September 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM
    • #1

    My apologies if this is not in the relevant section. I've been searching the net for a good resource/forum on CS:GO Vscripting, but I cannot find anything that's very useful aside from the Valve Wiki; which mostly contains L4D2 and Alien Swarm examples that have no use in CS:GO. I'm working on a new gamemode and I was wondering if it's possible to display messages on screen per user. Having a custom GUI/HUD element that can load variables would be the best, but I somehow doubt that's possible. I know of the various entities in Hammer that can show a message to players, but none that can target an individual player. The HUD needs to display a new team and individual score value. Any help is welcome; I simply don't know where to look. 'Source' and 'vscript' are too common search terms Edit: this https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/CS:GO_User_Messages seems relevant, but since Vscript (squirrel) isn't really C++, what are they on about?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™