1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

VMF Importer for 3ds Max

  • shawnolson
  • June 26, 2013 at 3:33 AM
  • shawnolson
    • June 26, 2013 at 3:33 AM
    • #1

    I think there may be a couple here who may enjoy the newest toy I've added to Wall Worm: a [url='']VMF Importer for 3ds Max[/url]. I'd started it last year and included an early/broken version in WW for a long time since I was too lazy to keep it in a separate project... but in today's update the importer now finally works.

    It will import your:

    * world geometry

    * entities

    * outputs

    * materials

    * displacements

    * visgroups

    I expect to add cameras and cordons soon too.

    There are a few loose ends so read the doc linked above before using... but it's pretty cool. The main limitation in this version is that brush face UVW translation is off (though I did manage to get rotation and scale correct... hopefully I'll fix translation/offset soon).

    People have been asking for it for a couple years and I finally decided to oblige... and have successfully imported several maps I'd made for CS 1.6 and CS:S with it.

    Have fun!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™