1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Army - I'm done!

  • skdr
  • January 7, 2005 at 4:34 PM
  • skdr
    • January 7, 2005 at 4:34 PM
    • #1

    YES! Finally, im done. 6 months was a painful thought first for me when I entered the weird looking barracks area for the first time. Now after 6 months, I'm finally done with army and I can't believe how fast the time really ran away. I was serving at Viestirykmentti, Riihimäki, Finland and now I'd like to share my final hours from the army with you guys. It was an awesome experience and I feel like a new man

    Before going to the details, I'd like to say that my knee didnt really like army at all. It dislocated 2 times during the first months and I had surgery last fall. The knee okay now and I'm happy, but its something that really changed my attitude in general. So people, be careful, be safe and dont hurt yourself badly

    Lets start:

    ---

    [Blocked Image: http://img156.exs.cx/img156/6379/862.jpg]

    Last train trip to barracks. It was a clear thursday evening (22:10) when I jumped on the train with few of my friends. I didnt feel sick and fucked up like all the last trips back to barracks, because now I knew the time has come and it's time to say goodbye.

    [Blocked Image: http://img156.exs.cx/img156/4371/863.jpg]

    The trip took ~35 minutes with train and I grabbed few beers with my friends while discussing the past and what is ahead for all of us. The beer didnt taste so good this time, but that didnt matter

    [Blocked Image: http://img156.exs.cx/img156/9546/864.jpg]

    We arrived to barracks, it was 23:15 and everyone was very excited and anxious. This night was the longest night for me at the barracks. I slept like 3 hours because all the noise and yelling, but again it didnt really matter at this point, 'cos I knew I'd be at home very soon and never coming back here.

    [Blocked Image: http://img156.exs.cx/img156/8334/865.jpg]

    While surfing around the building I snagged few pics there and there. This picture shows the newly promoted corporals. After we left, they still have 183 days to go before its time to celebrate, I feel sorry for them.

    [Blocked Image: http://img156.exs.cx/img156/7274/866.jpg]

    Next day, new tricks. Time to eat something. I call this meal "fuck you"-meal. It didnt taste so good beacuse it was basically a mix of potato mash, sausage, juice, milk and fish. A meal from yours truly. PM me for recipe.

    [Blocked Image: http://img156.exs.cx/img156/8818/867.jpg]

    The day draws near end. Time to change clothes and back up all the army stuff that needed to be returned.

    [Blocked Image: http://img156.exs.cx/img156/1364/868.jpg]

    Our cabin group picture. Im the 2nd guy from the upper left (black hair).

    [Blocked Image: http://img156.exs.cx/img156/5301/869.jpg]

    Time to return the stuff: t-shirt, turtleneck shirt, socks, bag etc... It was fun to wait almost 2 hours the get the job done

    [Blocked Image: http://img156.exs.cx/img156/7129/870.jpg]

    We found this from the newspaper. It means "home today". It was fun

    [Blocked Image: http://img156.exs.cx/img156/3013/871.jpg]

    Last look at our fantastic (?) wc-toilet-bathroom. It doesnt smell so good TBH

    [Blocked Image: http://img156.exs.cx/img156/326/861.jpg]

    The final march to home. 6 months served and I was ready to go home. It was awesome feeling. You can see the barrack building in the back where I was serving.

    --

    What can I say... I'm DONE WITH IT. FOREVER. Yesterday I couldnt believe it, today it's reality. Thanks to all friends who supported me to the last minute.

  • kleinluka
    • January 7, 2005 at 4:38 PM
    • #2

    much <3

  • FrieChamp
    • January 7, 2005 at 4:52 PM
    • #3

    Congratulations!

    But let us not forget those who are still robbing through the snow these very minutes!

  • Spellbinder
    • January 7, 2005 at 5:37 PM
    • #4

    Thats great skdr !

    Thx for sharing

    And congratulations!

    Ive heard its tougher there then here in sweden so gj on you

    Spellbinder.

  • insta
    • January 7, 2005 at 5:45 PM
    • #5

    <3 skdr! Good to have you back fulltime!

  • st0lve
    • January 7, 2005 at 5:50 PM
    • #6

    skdr, that 1st picture is REALLY cool. Wow.

    Only 6 months? In norway its about 10months :S

  • Tequila
    • January 7, 2005 at 5:59 PM
    • #7

    Good to have you back, squire.

  • D3adlode
    • January 7, 2005 at 7:08 PM
    • #8

    Well done and congratulations sire!

  • RD
    • January 7, 2005 at 7:48 PM
    • #9
    Quote from st0lve

    skdr, that 1st picture is REALLY cool. Wow.

    put it in ur portfolio

  • Mazy
    • January 7, 2005 at 7:50 PM
    • #10

    cool stuff skdr~~ñow get busy~

  • Marcos
    • January 7, 2005 at 11:07 PM
    • #11

    Good to hear! Nice to have you back again.

    Actualy, im looking forward to the army. Going to spend 2 years there :S

  • st0lve
    • January 8, 2005 at 12:30 AM
    • #12

    2 years? HJK or something then? Or Befals skolen?

    What I do know is that I won't study when I'm in the army, since then I got to serve for the same ammount as I used on my studies, so then I'll risk going to a war, and thats something I wouldn't do.

  • Marcos
    • January 8, 2005 at 11:28 AM
    • #13

    yeah, Befalskolen and then i got my pliktår after that

  • cyberjunkie
    • January 8, 2005 at 2:33 PM
    • #14

    YAY Welcome back. Nice pics, you must be really happy.

  • -Stratesiz-
    • January 8, 2005 at 7:12 PM
    • #15

    I miss the Navy~

    sigh...

  • GrayFox
    • January 8, 2005 at 11:54 PM
    • #16

    F*uck off, Stratty!

    j/k, <3

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™