1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

DM Depot_Beta - By Robert Briscoe

  • Zeta
  • January 6, 2005 at 6:59 PM
  • RA7
    • January 9, 2005 at 12:39 PM
    • #61

    Added a new mirror, clix meh SIG.

  • von*ferret
    • January 9, 2005 at 4:17 PM
    • #62
    Quote from JAL

    No, because Megaman says so :megaman:

    Keep to constructive criticism or dont say anything. This is a CC place not an annoyance to the internet community.

  • Tequila
    • January 9, 2005 at 4:40 PM
    • #63
    Quote from JAL

    This map would definitely deserve to win the Valve Mapping Contest :megaman:

    It doesn't at all, because, as stated, the map plays like pap. Too many dead ends to count and insane navigation = no fun. It looks lovely, credit where it's due, but the mapper needs to go back to the drawing board and consider not only deathmatch mechanics but also the PVS/VIS - the whole map is being drawn no matter where you stand, so it's little wonder there's serious performance issues.

  • JAL
    • January 9, 2005 at 5:05 PM
    • #64

    Prolly that´s why it´s WIP

  • Tequila
    • January 9, 2005 at 5:15 PM
    • #65
    Quote from JAL

    Prolly that´s why it´s WIP

    Like Peri says, it's a little late to solve an inherent performance/layout flaw, but we'll see.

  • von*ferret
    • January 9, 2005 at 5:16 PM
    • #66

    6 days to have the entry in valve's hands. I think I'm over nighting my entry.

  • -Stratesiz-
    • January 9, 2005 at 5:17 PM
    • #67
    Quote

    It's terminally flawed.

    It needs to be redone. It's a shame though.

  • ReNo
    • January 9, 2005 at 5:36 PM
    • #68

    I might be forced to do the same Ferret, but unfortunately most of what I have has been rushed over the past couple of days and I don't think its up to a standard worthy of placing Best of luck with your entry, I take it you are using rebar?

  • Zeta
    Guest
    • January 9, 2005 at 5:44 PM
    • #69

    I was forced to forfeit my entry due to exams.

  • von*ferret
    • January 9, 2005 at 5:45 PM
    • #70

    I'm throwing in rebar sadly

    I didn't finish my swamp map and now school has already swamped me.

  • kleinluka
    • January 9, 2005 at 6:48 PM
    • #71
    Quote from von*ferret

    I didn't finish my swamp map and now school has already swamped me.

    the irony

  • Zeta
    Guest
    • January 9, 2005 at 6:58 PM
    • #72
    Quote from kleinluka

    the irony

  • RD
    • January 9, 2005 at 7:41 PM
    • #73

    Has anyone played the new beta?

  • Tequila
    • January 9, 2005 at 7:47 PM
    • #74
    Quote from RD

    Has anyone played the new beta?

    Yeah, not quite sure what's changed though. Is there a changelog kicking about?

  • von*ferret
    • January 9, 2005 at 8:44 PM
    • #75

    lol I didn't even mean for that irony

  • EraSerX
    • January 10, 2005 at 12:55 PM
    • #76

    Interesting map, but needs a lot of polish and tweaking. Some parts are just ugly (some staircases) , look too empty or could use some extra detail.

    I think the flow of the level is a bit limited, and there where some dead ends... I also found a place where there is a train near a loading dock which had some invible collision blocking the player.

  • Crackerjack
    • January 12, 2005 at 2:33 AM
    • #77

    Now how does this go and happen... http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/149263.shtml

    You never judge a book by its cover... unfortunatly I would have to say the same about this map... I went in and played and hated but yet it gets credit that it does not deserve.

  • Phlek
    • January 12, 2005 at 2:51 AM
    • #78

    HA, frontpage of FilePlanet...what a joke. Not that I could do anything better

  • MJ
    • January 12, 2005 at 3:05 AM
    • #79

    if only this plays as good as it looks it would be the hands down contest winner. :-?

  • InsaneSingingBlender
    • January 12, 2005 at 3:48 AM
    • #80

    nexus's avatar makes me want to hit something

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 6 Guests
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™