1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Vault
  3. Archived Forums
  4. Portfolios

Need portfolio feedback! , Level Designer - Gustav Bouvin

  • GustavBouvin
  • April 19, 2013 at 7:10 PM
  • GustavBouvin
    • April 19, 2013 at 7:10 PM
    • #1

    Hi Guys!

    Heres a link to my portfolio : http://www.gustavbouvin.se/

    I'm a level design student from sweden. Graduating in a few weeks.

    I love level design and I'm about to start looking for an internship so I can take my career to the next level. If you have time for it I would be very greatful for any feedback I could get.

  • knj
    • April 20, 2013 at 10:53 AM
    • #2

    So ive started up you folio on my mobile and it looks ok but change your background, white is not the best pick imo

    You dont have a resume anywhere or i didnt find it

    As for basic layout it is ok, your work is visible but i hate how you show your assets half earesed to show your wires and what you should do, is show your asset as big as possible to show how good is it and next to that put a smaller object with wires ect

  • 2d-chris
    • April 20, 2013 at 12:07 PM
    • #3

    Good job, quite impressive actually

    I would do a small document, maybe a few pages long explaining the iterations and observations that led to to the finished level, I have no doubt looking at this portfolio you have a good eye for the technical and artistic aspects of level creation, but as with most portfolios I get little understanding of your thought processes into the actual design philosophy you like to work by. Breakdown what went well, and what didn't, how did you resolve issues with others on your projects, did you involve others as much as you'd of liked etc?

    We're developers, we like to see development processes and WIP content, screenshots of finished levels might get us initially interested but it won't hold people for long. The key is to make your process fast and easy to digest for any reader or potential employer. Showing conception, whitebox, iteration examples, art and finished would be a good way to do so.

    You're on the right path for sure!

  • GustavBouvin
    • April 20, 2013 at 2:11 PM
    • #4

    Thank you very much. I have this weekend left to make small changes, polish up the portfolio and upload the rest of the content. I'll keep what both of you said in mind and get to work !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™