1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Batch Sampler

  • keres
  • January 17, 2013 at 5:53 PM
  • keres
    • January 17, 2013 at 5:53 PM
    • #1

    https://sourceforge.net/projects/batchsampler/

    I wrote this little program to help everyone save some time when they're looking to create a grid of randomly sampled tiles from a source image. The idea is that if you have a whole lot of tiles, you don't want to spend all of that time doing a bunch of copy-pasting.

    It is free to use for whatever purpose, and the source code is also available. I don't have a mac, so right now there is only a win32 version, but nothing is stopping you from porting it

    PNG, TGA, and JPG are supported.

    This image pretty much sums it up:

    [Blocked Image: https://sourceforge.net/projects/batchsampler/screenshots/workflow.jpg]

    ...and with that workflow I made the following material in about 15 minutes this morning:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/MUE0y.jpg]

  • kikette
    • January 17, 2013 at 6:19 PM
    • #2

    Just awesome ! Thanks a lot dude !

    EDIT :

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/4/7/6/729fd5ed0ef550c3e9c80c44553f9.jpg]

    Wtf ? ^^'

  • Kedhrin
    • January 17, 2013 at 6:20 PM
    • #3

    Really cool. Can't tell you how many times i've hated chopping up textures...

    if you ever get the chance, one day get it working with brick shapes

  • Minos
    • January 17, 2013 at 6:28 PM
    • #4

    That rules, thanks for sharing

  • keres
    • January 17, 2013 at 6:39 PM
    • #5

    Dammit! I forgot to include the silly crt dll. One bit and I'll fix it...

    Edit:

    Fixed. Or at least it should be. Please tell me if it works I'm unable to check such a thing on my own computer.

  • kikette
    • January 17, 2013 at 6:43 PM
    • #6

    Don't worry, I manually dl the missing.dll

    It works like a charm !

  • keres
    • January 17, 2013 at 6:50 PM
    • #7

    Cool If you ever use this tool to make some really freaking cool textures, I would really, really appreciate it if I could get some pimp shots. I plan on doing a handful of other similar tools in the future.

  • tehSandwich
    • January 21, 2013 at 11:00 PM
    • #8

    I can't run it from my side, it complains about it being an invalid Win32 application. Is trying to run it on Windows XP part of the problem?

  • leviatan1001
    • February 11, 2013 at 4:20 PM
    • #9

    Brilliant idea! Do you plan to make a gui? Would be nice to get a grey scale map with the computed grid, for masking in photoshop later, you know...

  • keres
    • March 29, 2013 at 10:25 PM
    • #10
    Quote from tehSandwich

    I can't run it from my side, it complains about it being an invalid Win32 application. Is trying to run it on Windows XP part of the problem?

    Probably. I didn't do anything XP-related when building the release version.

    Quote from leviatan1001

    Brilliant idea! Do you plan to make a gui? Would be nice to get a grey scale map with the computed grid, for masking in photoshop later, you know...

    No gui for now. I'm genuinely disappointed with gui toolkits in general. They all kind of suck.

  • knj
    • March 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM
    • #11

    Wont try it now - not with my hardware - but looks promising !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™