1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

ns2_hera WIP

  • Janosuk
  • December 16, 2012 at 10:32 PM
  • Janosuk
    • December 16, 2012 at 10:32 PM
    • #1

    This is a joint project between myself and another Natural Selection 2 community mapper by the name of Alibi, it's a reimagining of the original natural selection classic map Hera, while those that played the original map might notice it looks quite different, as well as a different look, we are redesigning the majority of areas within the map to suit NS2's gameplay.

    Though we have kept some of the design elements from the original map, the walkway above the door and the general entrance/exit placement, we have had to redesign most of it to fit the techpoint and space for marine buildings.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/NXHY7.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/BR913.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/yXUAu.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/UBhtn.jpg]

  • Skacky
    • December 16, 2012 at 10:44 PM
    • #2

    Very nice! The last time I heard of this project was several months ago on the UWE boards, I'm glad to see progress has been made. Hera was one of my favorite NS maps, so I'm pretty pumped for this one.

  • KungFuSquirrel
    • December 17, 2012 at 1:45 AM
    • #3

    Love it. I like to think this (and parts of FMPONE's Veil remake) are what I'd want to do with Eclipse if I built it today. I'm interested to see what you do with the layout; Hera is a weird map in that I remember so many distinct changes to the layout that I remember its visuals and landmarks more than the actual flow, but that should give you some good leeway to make the changes you need for NS2.

    Can't wait to see more!

  • Kedhrin
    • December 17, 2012 at 2:46 AM
    • #4

    Looks cool! i need to play natural selection.

  • dux
    • December 17, 2012 at 2:55 AM
    • #5

    Really nice work A+ but I don't recognise any of hera in this.

  • Janosuk
    • December 17, 2012 at 3:07 AM
    • #6
    Quote from dux

    Really nice work A+ but I don't recognise any of hera in this.

    Well there's the walkway that went over the door, it's positioned that it goes infront of the doorway, it also travels around to the powernode in the MS as well as stairs leading down to the TP instead of a ladder. The entrance to maintenance has been opened up to allow for more space in the marinespawn area but it's in the same location along with the entrance to reception, just this time we have split it to allow us to build an access to cargo.

    One area that isn't shown at this point in time is the elevator at the rear of the marine spawn since it's still currently under construction. Once you walk around the finished map you will recognise it, just remember that we are not actively trying to recreate hera but more make it our own, which includes a lot of redesigning of certain landmark rooms to fit the changed layout.

  • FMPONE
    • December 17, 2012 at 5:17 AM
    • #7

    I feel dumb, I just recommended alibi post something here

    Something about these shots really energizes and inspires me. I think its just great work.

  • Janosuk
    • March 28, 2013 at 12:47 PM
    • #8

    Updated: Hera Ready Room, geo + custom props by Alibi.

    [Blocked Image: http://imageshack.us/a/img59/6451/8509239134e1b9d5261cb.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://imageshack.us/a/img198/2148/85917335260d76ca4c8eb.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://imageshack.us/a/img35/5541/85917089524c89306834b.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://imageshack.us/a/img692/6118/85917778165457e9a7b5b.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://imageshack.us/a/img823/3771/8590380025fdfbd45871b.jpg]

  • PogoP
    • March 28, 2013 at 1:35 PM
    • #9

    Boodiful! I actually saw the Ready room in the Editor yesterday, and I'm very impressed!

  • FrieChamp
    • March 28, 2013 at 2:20 PM
    • #10

  • iwxanthi
    • March 28, 2013 at 2:26 PM
    • #11

    That last shot

  • Skacky
    • March 28, 2013 at 2:28 PM
    • #12

    Holy crap.

  • Belgarion
    • March 28, 2013 at 7:19 PM
    • #13

    That's nice work, but the environment is so cold. The warm environment was one of the things I loved about Hera. What you've made is very good but antiseptic. Clean to the point of shiny. I know it's tough when the assets you're given are that way, but maybe you can find a way to insert some of that warm environment with lighting. Hera used some red, a lot of yellow, orange, and green. Yellowy green.

  • FMPONE
    • March 28, 2013 at 7:29 PM
    • #14

    What belgarion said, + the photoshop I made u

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/3WzvXYj.jpg]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™