1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

n64

  • Duff-e
  • December 30, 2004 at 10:21 PM
  • Duff-e
    • December 30, 2004 at 10:21 PM
    • #1

    i just hooked up my n64 (after about 2 years of sitting under the bed) and it wont go on. i tried like 3 different games, the av cable and the coxial cable and it will go on, but nothing on the screen. compressed aired everything with a vent.

    duffy misses his goldeneye

    update: mario tennis works, goldeneye doesnt

    but im almost SURE It does

  • Duff-e
    • December 30, 2004 at 10:46 PM
    • #2

    nvm got it to work, alcohol + cotton swab = win

  • Squad
    • December 31, 2004 at 2:13 PM
    • #3

    GoldenEye64 and Mario Kart 64 > *

  • jayrabbit
    • December 31, 2004 at 3:42 PM
    • #4

    I miss my N64 too

    I sold it because I needed money for a Voodoo2 graphics card. Boy, those were the days...

  • RD
    • January 1, 2005 at 12:36 PM
    • #5

    i gave my ps2 away because i wanted more space

  • Nazul
    • January 1, 2005 at 1:42 PM
    • #6

    hha ,i had a N64, with a Doctor64 , all the games on CD . that was pwn 50 games on 1 CD for 25€ ( 50 flr. those days )

    it was beutifull then but its but ugly and the games suck when i play it @ my friends` place cuz he beught it from me

  • skdr
    • January 1, 2005 at 2:16 PM
    • #7

    Perfect Dark > *

  • RD
    • January 1, 2005 at 10:42 PM
    • #8

    only nubs that didnt experience goldeneye thought PD was the best ever. After playing goldeneye years before and then seeing PD being 10 steps backwards from goldeneye it was a big flop

  • skdr
    • January 1, 2005 at 11:34 PM
    • #9

    Actually, I had both games, both beaten in hard etc and I think PD is alot better...

  • Mazy
    • January 1, 2005 at 11:35 PM
    • #10

    goldeneye > pd imo, but pd is also one of the best games ever made

    rare had it going for em back then

  • skdr
    • January 1, 2005 at 11:53 PM
    • #11

    Rare was one of the best developers ever. They really pushed N64 to the limits with their games. Awesome stuff...

    I was a bit disappointed when I heard they were moving to Microsoft camp. Perfect Dark Zero, I wonder when that comes out...

  • Squad
    • January 2, 2005 at 12:06 AM
    • #12

    I wonder why they didn't ported the stack level to PD, as it was the best GE map IMO. They're both fine games, but I prefer GE over PD.

  • mike-0
    • January 2, 2005 at 1:46 AM
    • #13

    hey duffy hows benny doing

  • FrieChamp
    • January 2, 2005 at 11:23 AM
    • #14
    Quote from Squad

    I wonder why they didn't ported the stack level to PD, as it was the best GE map IMO. They're both fine games, but I prefer GE over PD.

    Agreed on stack and goldeneye.

  • RD
    • January 2, 2005 at 1:48 PM
    • #15

    none of the goldeneye mp maps were really good, the game was just really fun

  • W01f
    • January 5, 2005 at 2:42 AM
    • #16

    the multiplayer maps in that game used to wow me when I was a kid. Now that I know a thing or two about mapping, I can't even play the game without laughing out loud Design was ok, but visually they're a mess.

  • csharp
    • January 6, 2005 at 9:41 AM
    • #17

    only good game to n64 was... perfect dark.. someone played that one?

  • skdr
    • January 6, 2005 at 2:11 PM
    • #18

    csharp, you might want to read other replys too

  • Mr.Ben
    • January 6, 2005 at 4:35 PM
    • #19

    The farsight was the most amazing gun to use ever. It was just awesome to the max.

  • Alf-Life
    • January 6, 2005 at 4:59 PM
    • #20

    Yeah, but the problem with the Farsight was it was a gun designed to stop camping but you camped to use it!

    As for best N64 game; GoldenEye definately. But how can you say PD was the only good game - there was Mario 64, Zelda Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, as well as Waverace 64, Diddy Kong Racing and everything.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™