1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Streaming Map Making

  • Bakadayo
  • November 8, 2012 at 11:32 PM
  • Taylor
    • November 11, 2012 at 1:13 PM
    • #21

    You'd need a stream of both monitors so people know if you're procrastinating or afk.

  • Skjalg
    • November 11, 2012 at 11:13 PM
    • #22
    Quote from Pampers

    includes audio with heavy nose breathing

    And the occasional coffee slurp

    I have actually watched a stream from Notch when he did that game for charity thing. It wasn't as boring as I would imagine and I learned that he was a really slow coder that reaally took his time and didn't use much short cuts.

  • MaK
    • November 12, 2012 at 6:25 AM
    • #23

    Same, I watched some of the Notch programming videos, most of the music bothered me though. Having a good taste in music and a nice commentary gives me the most enjoyable stream to watch. I've seen some mapping streams, some were kinda boring. I find the fast time elapse ones more fun. I definitely wouldn't pay money to watch a stream.

  • Steppenwolf
    • November 12, 2012 at 1:22 PM
    • #24

    Only thing i'm willing to pay money for or would people charge for are really well produced tutorials that actualy teach some new tricks/tools. Other then that i believe in a more open source approach to learning and teaching art & design in this profession. I've learned so much from free ressources and advice and still do, i would feel filthy asking for money to share the wisdom.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™