1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

New mapcorean presence in Toronto and then Los Angeles!

  • selmitto
  • October 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM
  • selmitto
    • October 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM
    • #1

    Heey fellow mapcoreans

    In this november and december I'll be in Toronto, Canada. And from the last weeks of december to the first ones of january I'll be in Los Angeles, USA.

    The main objective of my trip is pretty simple: I'll travel to study and perfect my english speaking and listening skills. Not that I think that my english is bad. Is isn't. But I always wanted to improve my pronounce and learn from native speakers.

    As a game designer, I believe that a great communication is really essential for an effective team work. As there aren't many game studios in my country, I will very probably work in studios of another country (which is something that I always wanted!). So, this is a must-have skill for me. Amirite?

    In Canada I'll be in a homestay (in other words, I'll live with a local family, awesome), and in the USA I'll stay with my lovely aunt.

    I would really love to meet any mapcoreans around! So please tell me if there's someone around so we can do something.

    Who's in (or near) Toronto/ Los Angeles?

    I want to visit some game studios too. Do you think that is possible? I guess I should take this opportunity

    If you work in any studios around, do you think that I could schedule some visit there? (or anything like that)

    Also, what places would you recommend me to visit?

    I can't wait to do some crazy snowboarding, lol.

    I'm really excited!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™