1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

First model I ever made in mudbox

  • PolyCount
  • September 20, 2012 at 8:29 AM
  • PolyCount
    • September 20, 2012 at 8:29 AM
    • #1

    I've had a little experience with maya previously and I wanted to exercise the workflow of creating a character in a developer environment. I first made the base mesh in Maya, imported into Mudbox for sculpting, and finally creating a normal map for the low polygon mesh. I completed this in project in about 24 hours worth of time during my Summer Camp at Ex'pressions college. I would've really liked to texture, rig, animate, and ultimately put it in a game engine but unfortunately I was well out of time. I'm a new user on mapcore and I would really appreciate the feedback or tips.

    In another note I was taught Mudbox instead of Zbrush so now I'm kind of used to Mudbox. Although I kind of like the idea of Zbrush more simply because you can retopologize and create new geometry as you sculpt.

    Heres the link to my project!

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™