1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Vault
  3. Archived Forums
  4. Portfolios

Ferdinand List - Level Design

  • cityy
  • July 30, 2012 at 4:18 PM
  • cityy
    • July 30, 2012 at 4:18 PM
    • #1

    After finally having managed to pick up my first professional experience I decided to clean up my website and create a propper resume.

    Especially the latter has given me a bit of a head ache as I don't have a whole lot to bring to the table at this point. Currently, I divide my resume in 4 categories; "languages", "software", "professional experience" and "community contributions". However, I'm not entirely sure what's worth listing - i.e. I have very very basic knowledge in modo, I'm able to navigate and use the basic tools but don't have much experience with UV maps yet for example. Would it make sense to list that on my resume? Also, what are reasonable community contributions? Are contest or competition participations things to list?

    Thanks in advance.

  • EL_ZARRO_00
    • February 8, 2013 at 9:51 PM
    • #2

    What I look for in a candidate is different based on the project I'm hiring for. The best advice I have for you in regards to your resume is to list the things you feel are your strongest skills and list the things that you want to be doing. A happy developer is more desirable than an unhappy one. My last question when phone interviewing someone is always "If you could have any job in the industry right now what would it be and what would you be doing? What is the project you would be working on?"

    Put your most impressive things up top, then work experience, then school. Anything that is unrelated to game design is irrelevant and will just waste the readers time.

    Good Luck!

  • NeilJones313
    • February 10, 2013 at 5:51 AM
    • #3

    I like how your site works

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™