1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Small UDK Scene

  • curtisc
  • September 1, 2011 at 10:43 PM
  • curtisc
    • September 1, 2011 at 10:43 PM
    • #1

    Hi everyone.

    My first post on Mapcore. I haven't really been doing any 3D for awhile unfortunately. I went to a tech school for 3D Environment art, then ended up getting a job as a web designer, now I'm back to doing 3D as that is what I truly want to do.

    Here's my portfolio:

    http://www.curtiscampbell.ca

    But, here's the scene I'm currently working on. It's obviously a WIP but just wanted to get some feedback on the general idea so far. Everything is custom except the water, which I'll be creating my own material for that.

    Let me know what you think! Thanks everyone.

    [Blocked Image: http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/Rassane/bridge_Test.jpg]

  • madgernader
    • September 1, 2011 at 11:28 PM
    • #2

    It's a start, looks a little too early for much criticisms.

    It might just be because its bare, but the grass texture looks like it could use some work, or some grass sprites to break up its flow. I'd say add a transitional texture for the waterline, something more sand/rocks and add some trees, make the whole thing look more appealing to the eyes. But that's just what I'd do for some design with this, Why not post some more explanation for what your goal is for the scene, maybe what your thoughts where when starting..

  • Psy
    • September 1, 2011 at 11:33 PM
    • #3

    Yeah. Definitely need a little more backstory otherwise nobody has any idea how to comment on your current work without knowing your intention.

  • curtisc
    • September 8, 2011 at 12:30 AM
    • #4

    Here's an update.

    I'm not planning on making it playable just a visual piece. Aiming for something similar to what you would see in Oblivion, or Dragon Age etc.

    I haven't even started working on the background yet and I want to add more detail such as different foliage and some greenery in the water etc.

    Let me know what you think so far

    Thanks

    [Blocked Image: http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/Rassane/bridge_test_2.jpg]

  • Weertolon
    • October 5, 2011 at 4:42 PM
    • #5

    Not bad so far. What else are you going to add?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™