1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Help With Unreal Cameras and Kismet

  • sarge mat
  • February 26, 2011 at 2:15 PM
  • sarge mat
    • February 26, 2011 at 2:15 PM
    • #1

    Hey,

    So I have been assigned to make a single player level with UT3 for uni and as I am quite frankly sick to death of the game I am making a Side scroller. The catch is though because we can not use any unreal script at all, I need to switch the camera back to the default first person when triggered every so often, because 2D combat can not be done with Kismet alone. Problem is I can't for the life of my get it to work in Kismet. Anyone have any ideas?

    Cheers

  • JakeMartin
    • March 3, 2011 at 2:44 PM
    • #2

    You should be able to use a set camera target action. Create a camera and attach it to your player pawn. Then in kismet create a level loaded, link it to the set camera target, link the cam target to the camera you created and the target to a player variable. That should give you a makeshift 2d camera.

  • sarge mat
    • March 3, 2011 at 2:59 PM
    • #3

    Hey,

    Yea got it more or less when I want it to switch back from the 2D view to first person I set it the camera and target to the player.

    Thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™