1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Creative Chat

Help baking textures in 3DS Max

  • residentzack
  • February 18, 2011 at 10:35 PM
  • residentzack
    • February 18, 2011 at 10:35 PM
    • #1

    Greetings,

    I'm trying to make a wall texture in 3DS Max by modeling and baking the texture however I apparently don't know enough about 3DS or I'm missing something. I think there's supposed to be a way for me to choose a channel or something of that sort. My Major goal is this:

    -Model texture in 3DS

    -Bake into Targa or format exportable to Photoshop

    -edit and make normals/bump

    Here's a rendering of the wall repeated:

    [Blocked Image: http://i54.tinypic.com/11vrwxw.png]

    That's it. It's because I don't know enough so would anyone please enlighten me how to complete this process?

    If I can bridge this gap, I'm moving to the next level of design, and new doors open to me once I can make my own textures.

    Thank you so much in advance.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™