1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[UT3] Sunset - WIP; constructive criticism appreciated

  • Halcyon
  • November 12, 2010 at 2:31 AM
  • Halcyon
    • November 12, 2010 at 2:31 AM
    • #1

    This is a level I've been working on for a bit and i believe I'm at the point where some outside opinions from people more experienced than I would be helpful.

    Download: http://%7boption%7d

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/obilisk22/SS_BS7.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/obilisk22/SS_BS8.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/obilisk22/SS_BS4.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/obilisk22/SS_BS1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/obilisk22/SS_BS3.jpg]

    one area i am really having trouble with is the second level (out of 3). part of me wants to just yank the 3rd level out all together, it seems way to linear and bottle-necky for an unreal Deathmatch.

    I'm also concerned the level may be to dark atm. I like lighting atm, but I'm considering making the skylight stronger.

    The last thing I'm worried about is the grass foliage. I'm debating taking it out entirely and just have the texture play the grass on its own, the Foliage seems messy

    your thoughts?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™