1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Sumo Sculpt and Model

  • PogoP
  • April 7, 2010 at 3:24 AM
  • PogoP
    • April 7, 2010 at 3:24 AM
    • #1

    Hey guys. Decided to not spam the model WIP thread so much and make my own thread for this project of mine. This is for my 3d body modelling module at university, we have to model a base mesh in max and then take it into zbrush for sculpting. It's been a great module, the best of my second year at uni. This is the first time I've really touched Zbrush, and I'm finding it really fun to use. I'm sure I'm using a lot of the features in the wrong way, but I'm sure I'll find out somewhere down the line.

    Anyway, I chose to model a sumo wrestler, just because I thought it'd be fun to do something different.

    Here's my current sculpt as it is in Zbrush at the moment. Still needs some tweaking and I need to work on the nails, but it's getting there. Unfortunately I'm not going to have too much time to focus on much more sculpting as I also need to polypaint it, unwrap it, bake the normals, do the spec map etc... Oh, and then import it into Unreal. All in 2 and a half weeks, hrrrrm!

    Let me know what you think.

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/Sculpt_5.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/Sculpt_4.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/Sculpt_3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/Sculpt_head7.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/Sculpt_head6.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/Sculpt_head5.jpg]

    And as an added extra, here's a sculpted nipple.

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/Nipple.jpg]

  • Nysuatro
    • April 7, 2010 at 8:05 AM
    • #2

    That is coming along better and better. Try to get more planes in your structure and less rounded. The smooth is handy, but it can also destroy a part of your structure.

  • PogoP
    • April 14, 2010 at 5:18 PM
    • #3

    Done lots more work on the model. Finished the low poly and finished the textures for it. This is an older pic, because my internet is being daft and won't let me upload anything new.

    This has been such good fun, I never really wanted to get into art work, I always preferred the design side of stuff, but I'm actually really considering it now.

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/textured.jpg]

  • PogoP
    • April 15, 2010 at 2:24 AM
    • #4

    Here's a final render with spec map applied.

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/viewportshader_body.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/viewportshader_head.jpg]

    Come on guys, don't be shy! Rip it to pieces, let me know what's wrong and what could be done better. It'll help me learn! I'm happy overall with how it's turned out, it's been a great learning experience. Never modelled anything quite this complex before.

  • Serenius
    • April 15, 2010 at 4:23 AM
    • #5

    Where's his junk???

  • Jenn0_Bing
    • April 15, 2010 at 11:31 AM
    • #6

    Looks really good, his nose seems a little on the long side though, there's a lot of space between the bridge and the tip.

    Could you skin on the sort of diaper they wear to make sense for his lacking downstairs?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™