1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Vivi's Sf4 Arcade Sticks - [February stick *FINISHED*]

  • General Vivi
  • February 1, 2010 at 4:12 PM
  • General Vivi
    • February 1, 2010 at 4:12 PM
    • #1

    [ February stick 2010 ]

    Been working on my Ken stick. The base color is orange and the buttons will be orange / yellow / white.

    The faceplate design is still a work in progress but its def getting closer to its final look.

    [Blocked Image: http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/Vivis_custom_controllers/Feb%202010%20-%20Orange%20Stick/000_0009.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/Vivis_custom_controllers/Feb%202010%20-%20Orange%20Stick/000_0010.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/Vivis_custom_controllers/Feb%202010%20-%20Orange%20Stick/000_0006.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/Vivis_custom_controllers/Feb%202010%20-%20Orange%20Stick/wip9.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/Vivis_custom_controllers/Feb%202010%20-%20Orange%20Stick/000_0002-1.jpg]

    [ January stick 2010 ]

    I've been working on customizing my old arcade stick! A while back i thought it was super broken but it turned out it just needed a button swap for some fresh Sanwa parts. I ordered the parts and gave it a fresh paint job along with my own design (character artwork no mine). This process was ALOT~ of fun and I'm already working on a second stick (working on buying a 3rd one on ebay now also XD!)

    So! here is the final product!

    [Blocked Image: http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/Vivis_custom_controllers/Sakura%20Stick%201/000_0021.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/Vivis_custom_controllers/Sakura%20Stick%201/000_0022.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/Vivis_custom_controllers/Sakura%20Stick%201/000_0006.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/Vivis_custom_controllers/Sakura%20Stick%201/000_0005-1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/Vivis_custom_controllers/Sakura%20Stick%201/000_0007.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/Vivis_custom_controllers/Sakura%20Stick%201/Picture636.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/Vivis_custom_controllers/Sakura%20Stick%201/Picture640.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/Vivis_custom_controllers/Sakura%20Stick%201/000_0007-1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/000_0012.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/000_0011.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/Vivis_custom_controllers/Sakura%20Stick%201/000_0013.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/Vivis_custom_controllers/Sakura%20Stick%201/000_0018.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/Vivis_custom_controllers/Sakura%20Stick%201/000_0020.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/Random_Layouts_by_vivi/000_0001.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/Vivis_custom_controllers/Sakura%20Stick%201/000_0004-1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/Vivis_custom_controllers/Sakura%20Stick%201/000_0006-1.jpg]

    Def a lot of fun. I'll prob try using a different kind of paper on my next stick, but other than that it was a blasstttttt

    - The General

  • -HP-
    • February 1, 2010 at 4:14 PM
    • #2

    That... is awesome!

  • e-freak
    • February 1, 2010 at 6:16 PM
    • #3

    awesome - kind-of-not-game-related-art you've got there. would like to see if you can push it further and develop another case (though I don't know anything about these nostalgic-controlers how they play and stuff).

  • General Vivi
    • February 1, 2010 at 7:34 PM
    • #4
    Quote from e-freak

    awesome - kind-of-not-game-related-art you've got there. would like to see if you can push it further and develop another case (though I don't know anything about these nostalgic-controlers how they play and stuff).

    it is game art ? those are the characters i use in street fighter ! unless you are referring to the big sun in the background.... ! I am also working on a second case right now! will be painting it tonight ^^

  • Taylor
    • February 1, 2010 at 11:59 PM
    • #5

    [Blocked Image: http://i47.tinypic.com/2l8jdyd.jpg]

    (not mine)

  • e-freak
    • February 2, 2010 at 12:00 AM
    • #6

    yes but building something like this on your own is rather not so much game related, and I think we see diy-stuff way to little on mapcore.

  • Grinwhrl
    • February 2, 2010 at 1:51 AM
    • #7

    Cool Pad Vivi

  • e-freak
    • February 2, 2010 at 10:43 AM
    • #8

    yes i just said, i welcome that. Like in "hey it's cool to see this".

    maybe i should dub it to german so it's easier to understand :megaman:

    any updates on the second one?

  • Grinwhrl
    • February 2, 2010 at 2:03 PM
    • #9
    Quote from e-freak

    yes i just said, i welcome that. Like in "hey it's cool to see this".maybe i should dub it to german so it's easier to understand :megaman:

    any updates on the second one?

    Ahh, heh sorry about that. I think we both read it diferently.

  • General Vivi
    • February 2, 2010 at 3:58 PM
    • #10

    Thanks guys! Yeah second pad is underway right now. I screwed up on the paint job so i might have to sand it down and redo it XD.

  • Nysuatro
    • February 2, 2010 at 6:21 PM
    • #11

    I would buy a mapcore version.

  • General Vivi
    • February 2, 2010 at 7:16 PM
    • #12
    Quote from Nysuatro

    I would buy a mapcore version.

    a rough estimate but it would be around $200 us dollars not sure if that includes shipping. it depends on where you live

    Edit: let me know if your serious though cause I just bought another stick online that I will be modding after my 2nd stick is finished.

  • Nysuatro
    • February 3, 2010 at 6:27 PM
    • #13
    Quote from generalvivi

    a rough estimate but it would be around $200 us dollars not sure if that includes shipping. it depends on where you live

    Edit: let me know if your serious though cause I just bought another stick online that I will be modding after my 2nd stick is finished.

    I will contact you if I have enough money. But it will not be for the moment. Will keep it in mind.

  • Taylor
    • February 4, 2010 at 12:39 AM
    • #14

    I really need to sort my sticks out, I've got about 4 of them now (and the SF4 one is massive).I just want to throw them all out and get a small multiplatform one with decent parts and some artwork I won’t regret. Yours is looking good!

    I don’t want to revive the SF4 thread, but you play Sakura so I was going to drop the

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    match. Game almost doesn't look dry for a second.

  • General Vivi
    • February 4, 2010 at 9:28 PM
    • #15

    Nysuatro - yeah man just let me know! a mapcore version might not take that long depending on what you want and stuff of course.

    Quote from Taylor

    I really need to sort my sticks out, I've got about 4 of them now (and the SF4 one is massive).I just want to throw them all out and get a small multiplatform one with decent parts and some artwork I won’t regret. Yours is looking good!

    Thanks dude! Yeah The SE is smaller and lighter. I like it much more then the TE size wise. I might try and mod my sticks to work on the ps3 also.

    Quote from Taylor

    I don’t want to revive the SF4 thread, but you play Sakura so I was going to drop the

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    match. Game almost doesn't look dry for a second.

    Ha! fucking awesome... to bad the ryu never did a shoryuken .... ever... lol

  • General Vivi
    • February 21, 2010 at 11:59 PM
    • #16

    [ February stick 2010 ]

    Been working on my Ken stick. The base color is orange and the buttons will be orange / yellow / white.

    The faceplate design is still a work in progress but its def getting closer to its final look.

    [Blocked Image: http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/Vivis_custom_controllers/Feb%202010%20-%20Orange%20Stick/wip9.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/Vivis_custom_controllers/Feb%202010%20-%20Orange%20Stick/000_0002-1.jpg]

  • Duff-e
    • February 22, 2010 at 2:04 AM
    • #17

    What are you using to paint the plastic? I used to mess around with spray painting and found the only thing that really lasted was vinyl dye.

  • General Vivi
    • February 22, 2010 at 2:09 AM
    • #18

    on my first stick i used "rust-o-luim" and now im trying "krylon" Not sure if i like the krylon but i guess we shall see which one out performs the other in the long run. The design on my previous stick has almost completely rubbed off in certain spots ... so i will have to go in eventually and remove the whole thing and put a new design in. (this time ill try and put a protective cover over it)

  • Duff-e
    • February 22, 2010 at 2:19 AM
    • #19

    Yeah I used the same brands before I came across the same problem. You should really look into vinyl dye for the plastics. I used to mod computer parts, specifically keyboards and I never had a single person complain about fading. That's saying a lot considering I was spray painting the keys black for hardcore computer nerds who can wear the letters off of a normal keyboard in under a year. You just have to lightly sand the plastic first.

  • Taylor
    • February 22, 2010 at 2:26 AM
    • #20

    Are you using the Madcats TE as a base? It's a shame it's so massive, but I even find the Hori's too big. I just need enough room for 6 buttons and a stick, none of this 8-button or turbo control panel nonsense. Not a fan of the Sanwa stick either...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™