1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Vault
  3. Archived Forums
  4. Portfolios

Andrew Hayes -Environment Artist

  • MrCuddlyTiger
  • December 20, 2009 at 11:04 PM
  • MrCuddlyTiger
    • December 20, 2009 at 11:04 PM
    • #1

    Well, I figured I'd toss my portfolio up here because I am looking for work and also because I like to know how I can improve.

    I'm currently working on some shots in Unreal using 3DS Max, rather than my lovely lovely Maya, and will have those up on my portfolio whenever my life slows down enough to let me do some work.

    http://www.amshayes.com

    please don't rip it apart too much.... I spent all my money on it.

  • Furyo
    • December 21, 2009 at 12:07 AM
    • #2

    I like the content, I would work on the navigation of the site a little bit. I just like to progress through a website as opposed to hitting back to go back to where I can choose other things to look at.

  • MrCuddlyTiger
    • December 21, 2009 at 12:17 AM
    • #3

    Yeah I've been concerned with that... maybe when I have a decent content update I'll change the format as well. Thanks. I also tried to keep it fairly concise... like not making them wade through a ton of shots that basically show the same stuff... maybe I should add more screens though.

  • Steppenwolf
    • December 21, 2009 at 2:19 PM
    • #4

    Some nice stuff there. Love your foliage!

    A few small things:

    - The renders of your props look way too smooth. Use Catmull-Rom instead of Area for a crisp render.

    [Blocked Image: http://i4.tinypic.com/6lcaz9u.jpg]

    - It would be good to see not just the flat textures but also show them either rendered in a 3D package or in a game engine

  • -HP-
    • December 21, 2009 at 2:23 PM
    • #5

    Or don't use renders at all, put them into an engine, a viewer or even simply Max's viewport with a DX shader. Renders make real-time assets look blurry and out of place. Real-time ftw.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™