1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Source error: "too many indices for index buffer...&amp

  • Merc248
  • November 27, 2004 at 9:13 AM
  • Merc248
    • November 27, 2004 at 9:13 AM
    • #1

    "too many indices for index buffer. . tell a programmer (32814>32768)"

    I'm not precisely sure what this means... can anyone explain? :x

    This happened with my latest build of that snow map that I was making - the error appears when i try to run it in CS: Source.

  • zaphod
    • November 28, 2004 at 12:16 AM
    • #2

    I just got this error on something too. I'll report back when I figure it out.

  • Merc248
    • November 28, 2004 at 3:28 AM
    • #3

    Well... I ended up fixing it by centering the entire map geometry in the middle of the grid, as well as making the entire skybox brush a lot smaller. Guessing it is the brush size limit, I dunno.

  • OL
    • November 28, 2004 at 3:39 AM
    • #4

    oh, you had a skybox

    bingo

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™