1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Vault
  3. Archived Forums
  4. Portfolios

Hazel W - Level Designer

  • HazelW
  • September 17, 2009 at 4:18 PM
  • HazelW
    • September 17, 2009 at 4:18 PM
    • #1

    Looking for work at the moment, so this seems like a good place to post a link All of my released levels on the site are Unreal Engine (UT3, UT2k4 and UT), I plan to make a TF2 map soon. I redesigned the site a couple of months ago and have been reorganising the content in the past week. Any feedback appreciated, particularly on content layout.

  • dux
    • September 17, 2009 at 5:30 PM
    • #2

    Great maps, I think it's agreed that everyone here loved your subway map. But your website makes me go crosseyed. I think if the white wasn't so strong and in your face I'd fare better.

    The little + for revealing the info about your map had me confused at first. I think you'd be better of ditching that and just having the information viewable all the time. The less clicking the better, I want it all infront of me when I look at someone's work.

  • HazelW
    • September 17, 2009 at 6:46 PM
    • #3

    Thanks for the feedback I've toned down the contrast a little. The white is now light grey, the background is lighter and text colours have been tweaked. I used to have a really long page with everything on it and it didn't look very organised, that's why it was split up into sections and the [+] things were added. I've made the top section on the first page stay open when the page loads, so hopefully this will help people to recognise what it does. Is it easier to read now or do you think I should darken the white parts more?

    Here's the old one for comparison: http://%7boption%7d

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™