1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

  • Marcos
  • November 25, 2004 at 12:11 PM
  • jamin620
    • July 8, 2005 at 11:06 PM
    • #361

    see, here is the problem with modeling them... It requires me to learn how to model and skin on an all new program. I am decent with XSI, but my moditor's max resolution is too small for that program (as stupid as it sounds, XSI has a minimum resolution of 1280ish.

    Eventually I am gona have to learn. but I am really hoping to get the map done this month and I dont have time to learn a new program in that short ammount of time.

  • kleinluka
    • July 8, 2005 at 11:10 PM
    • #362

    use 3d max?

  • mike-0
    • July 9, 2005 at 1:13 AM
    • #363

    how do you run in any resolution lower than 1280? I'd die if i had to use 1024

    @klein - some of us arent willing to pay $3000 for a piece of software, nor are we pirates

  • DaanO
    • July 9, 2005 at 2:12 AM
    • #364

    That's why there's gmax

  • von*ferret
    • July 9, 2005 at 8:49 AM
    • #365

    thats why there are student discounts. Discreet hardly cares if you pirate their software as long as you're not making a profit off of it, at least as I hear it.

  • mike-0
    • July 9, 2005 at 12:58 PM
    • #366
    Quote from DaanO

    That's why there's gmax

    i dont think gmax has hl2 nor hl1 compile tools

  • ReNo
    • July 9, 2005 at 1:54 PM
    • #367

    Grab milkshape and use it to get the model into the correct format for compiling.

  • DaanO
    • July 9, 2005 at 2:11 PM
    • #368

    Last year at that gamescamp i was talking about we used gmax and we got all the models to work ingame just fine. We were using hl1 back then.

  • csharp
    • July 9, 2005 at 2:14 PM
    • #369
    Quote from mike-0

    i dont think gmax has hl2 nor hl1 compile tools

    I think there is hl2 compile tools to gmax, if i remember right!

  • st0lve
    • July 10, 2005 at 1:39 PM
    • #370

    Gmax got an .smd exporter\importer that you can get somewhere...

  • KungFuSquirrel
    • July 11, 2005 at 5:55 AM
    • #371

    EDIT: put stuff up on my site, so I can post non-links now.

    Had plenty of time on the computer this evening... and felt like modernizing this:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.button-masher.net/images/wip/d3_eclipse_003.jpg]

    Result so far is just this:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.button-masher.net/images/wip/d3_eclipse_001.jpg]

    Starting to try and figure where I'll start cranking out the detail on it... needs lots of pipes and wires, of course, and various other bits o' goodness. I was surprised how quickly I ported the geometry over... maybe 15 minutes for both sides roughed-in. Took longer than that to find a texture set I was comfortable using.

  • insta
    • July 11, 2005 at 6:03 AM
    • #372
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    Had plenty of time on the computer this evening... and felt like modernizing this: http://www.snarkpit.net/maps/HL/images/124_2.jpgResult so far is this (beware, full in-editor shot, ~1meg): http://www.button-masher.net/wip/logs/e ... mage12.png

    Starting to try and figure where I'll start cranking out the detail on it... needs lots of pipes and wires, of course, and various other bits o' goodness. I was surprised how quickly I ported the geometry over... maybe 15 minutes for both sides roughed-in. Took longer than that to find a texture set I was comfortable using.

    Looking good! And I envy your dual monitor setup. A whole monitor reserved for the 2d view? Bah, luxury!

  • Erratic
    • July 11, 2005 at 7:41 AM
    • #373

    Reminds me. Must get back to D3 Radiant. I'm almost used to the lack of in-editor rendering (again) since HL2 was released. Only thing I find with that luxury is that I become even more meticulous...

    Looks cool by the way.

  • ReNo
    • July 11, 2005 at 10:08 AM
    • #374

    Nice start. Could use nicer lighting (are you going to try and emulate the old lighting? or entirely new?) and obviously a bit more detail, but the basic form of the room has translated nicely. Been ages since I've seen anything new from your camp

  • insta
    • July 11, 2005 at 10:20 AM
    • #375

    Off-topic, but Reno, update your website info from .com to .net

  • KungFuSquirrel
    • July 11, 2005 at 1:25 PM
    • #376
    Quote from ReNo

    Nice start. Could use nicer lighting (are you going to try and emulate the old lighting? or entirely new?) and obviously a bit more detail, but the basic form of the room has translated nicely. Been ages since I've seen anything new from your camp

    Haven't touched the lighting yet, just 2 default lights and a couple bluish lights on the side to see how the textures might react. I haven't decided what I want to do... I just want to get the geometry and texturing out of the way first, then fiddle.

    Edit: Also...

    Quote

    Looking good! And I envy your dual monitor setup. A whole monitor reserved for the 2d view? Bah, luxury!

    If I had more than a 9800 at home, I'd beef up my 3d view, too.

  • ReNo
    • July 12, 2005 at 5:13 PM
    • #377

    Consider it done insta

  • PhilipK
    • July 12, 2005 at 5:48 PM
    • #378

    looking very good kfs!

    great job so far.

  • csharp
    • July 13, 2005 at 12:40 AM
    • #379

    damn, now i want a comp witch runs d3 well.. or is AMD 3200+ (no 64bit), GF FX5500 256, 512 DDR enough for d3

  • KungFuSquirrel
    • July 13, 2005 at 3:45 PM
    • #380

    [Blocked Image: http://www.button-masher.net/images/wip/d3_eclipse_002.jpg]

    Some work from Monday night. More geometry and detail, but still no lighting.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 8 Guests
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™