1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[HL2 SP] Radiator 1-1, Polaris

  • Campaignjunkie
  • June 7, 2009 at 2:19 AM
  • Campaignjunkie
    • June 7, 2009 at 2:19 AM
    • #1

    Radiator is a series of experimental semi-episodic short-form single player mods for Half-Life 2 with unorthodox gameplay mechanics used to artistic ends - the first person shooter without any shooting. The first "issue" is "Polaris," in which you're stargazing in central California on what could totally be both the lamest and the cheapest date ever.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    WEBSITE: http://www.radiator.debacle.us/

    DOWNLOAD: http://www.radiator.debacle.us/01/#download

    ... It's all mostly borne out of my personal frustration with the large mod projects I've been on - they take too long to get results - and I'm not criticizing any team in particular (I learned A LOT on NW and BMS and they're great people) but I've just become opposed to the practice of huge blockbuster mods in general. So now I'm trying to make small, weird, unconventional things. Please play it and tell me what you think! (it should take you 5, maybe 10 minutes tops)

  • popcornjake
    • June 7, 2009 at 2:50 AM
    • #2

    It won't show up on my games list, even though the "morematter" folder in the sourcemods directory and the installation seemingly worked perfectly. Any idea what's wrong? I want to play this, looks interesting.

    Images

    • fivetwelvetwo0006.webp
      • 24.92 kB
      • 1,280 × 720
  • Pampers
    • June 7, 2009 at 3:06 AM
    • #3

    tried restarting steam?

  • Campaignjunkie
    • June 7, 2009 at 3:28 AM
    • #4

    Yeah. I've added an additional reminder on the download page.

  • popcornjake
    • June 7, 2009 at 3:47 AM
    • #5

    Yeah I restarted steam a bunch of times and reinstalled in between and even tried a reboot but no dice.

  • Campaignjunkie
    • June 7, 2009 at 4:20 AM
    • #6

    Uh, make sure you have HL2 Ep2? I don't know what else to say.

  • Josch
    • June 7, 2009 at 8:30 AM
    • #7

    Hey, cool!

    I really like the atmosphere with the guitar music from the ipod and those ambient-sounds.

    The game itself is more interesting than challenging but this is really ok ^^ I actually didn`t know that much facts about what these pictures at the night-sky mean.

    And the "ending" of the map was pretty cool too!

    Keep on building more of these inovative maps.

    Really liked it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™