1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

spooky matte background

  • zaphod
  • November 18, 2004 at 1:25 AM
  • zaphod
    • November 18, 2004 at 1:25 AM
    • #1

    I made this matte background out of a stock panoramic photograph for use ina quicktime vr demo. The psd was over 200 megs and about a hundred layers. It was also twice the resolution but I made it smaller so that it was web-viewable. It was a pretty quick project I did over the course of a few days.

    lollerskates: how about a link?

    http://marshmonkey.com/spookification.jpg

  • curman
    • November 18, 2004 at 1:26 AM
    • #2

    Awesome, can we see it?

  • OL
    • November 18, 2004 at 2:30 AM
    • #3

    gellin'

  • Skjalg
    • November 18, 2004 at 3:34 AM
    • #4

    my god, that was awesome!

    (make it fit my desktop screen, i dont care if you trim the edges.. uhm 50%

  • Euro*Brew
    • November 18, 2004 at 3:52 AM
    • #5

    My only complaint would be the red coming through the window of the church. The fact that I can see it in front of wall that is in front of the church seems unrealistic. Other than that, damn fine work.

    Euro*Brew

  • zaphod
    • November 18, 2004 at 4:05 AM
    • #6

    I agree about the church window, thats one of the elements I didn't get quite up to where I wanted.

  • Taylor Swift
    • November 18, 2004 at 11:20 AM
    • #7

    what a brilliant work.

    pardon, but is this made in 3dstudio max or this is real picture?

  • zaphod
    • November 18, 2004 at 6:11 PM
    • #8

    It's just a real photo touched up in photoshop

  • Tequila
    • November 18, 2004 at 6:55 PM
    • #9
    Quote from Zaphod

    It's just a real photo touched up in photoshop

    Where's it situated?

  • zaphod
    • November 18, 2004 at 8:23 PM
    • #10

    somewhere in eastern europe

  • this is the clown
    • November 19, 2004 at 1:33 AM
    • #11

    Really very cool

    good job

  • Duff-e
    • November 19, 2004 at 2:38 AM
    • #12

    its cool that we've come to the point where people have to question whether a picture is real or not

  • SKULLHOZER
    • November 19, 2004 at 7:19 AM
    • #13
    Quote from Zaphod

    I agree about the church window, thats one of the elements I didn't get quite up to where I wanted.

    Yes, the red glow kind of ruins the tweaked version.

    Great job though - I especially like the smoke coming out of the chimney.

    That must have been tough to have done. The sky is also quite nice.

  • st0lve
    • November 19, 2004 at 3:01 PM
    • #14

    Wow nice.

    How long did it take?

  • RA7
    • November 19, 2004 at 7:00 PM
    • #15

    Spooky indeed...

  • zaphod
    • November 19, 2004 at 7:04 PM
    • #16
    Quote from Zaphod

    It was a pretty quick project I did over the course of a few days.

  • Taylor
    • November 20, 2004 at 12:37 PM
    • #17

    Needs more zombies.

  • Bic-B@ll
    • November 20, 2004 at 11:18 PM
    • #18

    IT DOESNT TILE!!

    err yeah it sreally cool, must have been a bitch to screw with the sky through the trees, awsome work

  • JynxDaddy
    • November 21, 2004 at 1:32 AM
    • #19
    Quote from DUFFY

    its cool that we've come to the point where people have to question whether a picture is real or not

    nice work, reminds me of the tfc map casbah. man I love that ><

  • Taylor
    • November 21, 2004 at 2:19 AM
    • #20

    avanti?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™