1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Half-Life 2

  • Mazy
  • November 16, 2004 at 9:47 AM
  • GrayFox
    • November 17, 2004 at 8:57 PM
    • #61

    I think DOG is absolutely amazing, especially in the beginning of Anticitizen One.

    I'm in Follow Freeman atm. I think I'm getting close to the end.

  • Izuno
    • November 17, 2004 at 10:45 PM
    • #62

    the thing about Dog is that it feels like an actual character...as does Alyx of course. When we first meet Dog you really see how attached Alex is to him (er...it). It's refreshing to know that video games are evolving where we're the characters are more and more life like.

    Also...It's great how there is an obvious back story, but they don't dwell too much on explaining it and let you experience it as you go through, revealing what they need to bit by bit.

  • curman
    • November 17, 2004 at 11:09 PM
    • #63

    i was able to play for about an hour today

    then I reloaded it up and I got to the main menu and my mouse turned red/blue and then freezes and screen goes back like its on stand-by.

    i tried it again same thing, wtf help

  • JynxDaddy
    • November 17, 2004 at 11:28 PM
    • #64

    Dog is amazing!

    His animations are really smooth and life-like, but still robotic.

    He also looked really cool when he was breaking the door in the 'two door entrance room to eli's lab thing' the specunmapbumps on his ... body.. were so sweet.

    I also got the feeling of being under the combines rule in the early parts of the game, like when the guy knocks over the can. The animation was very smooth!

    Im at school now so I cant play

  • Mazy
    • November 17, 2004 at 11:52 PM
    • #65

    Just got back to City 17, god damn dog pwnz, fckn awesome stuff he pulls off~

  • Duff-e
    • November 18, 2004 at 1:08 AM
    • #66

    ugh so many games coming out at once......i wish i were rich

    gta sa

    bloodlines

    hl2

    mgs 3

    halo 2

  • OL
    • November 18, 2004 at 1:10 AM
    • #67

    metroid prime 2

  • Duff-e
    • November 18, 2004 at 1:12 AM
    • #68

    you can take your gamecube and stick it in your face orifaces

  • Skjalg
    • November 18, 2004 at 3:51 AM
    • #69

    hmm... alyx had great animations too, and she was hot

    alyx > dog

    there you have it you dog molesting bastards!

  • Crackerjack
    • November 18, 2004 at 4:45 AM
    • #70

    I honestly saw G-man once.. i think its follow freeman, where i was ina rubbled building turned around to look at a TV that wasnt plugged in and lying on the ground and in the TV was Gman then the TV quickly shut off. Creepy. BUt once you guys get to the last 2 chapers... that area is aboclutly amaing.

  • DD
    • November 18, 2004 at 6:50 AM
    • #71

    I think G-man is Waldo's cousin. Fkr is hard to spot. I've only noticed him twice but I know I should more.

    You forgot about the Nintendo:DS. BESTEST HANDHELD EVR!

  • insta
    • November 18, 2004 at 7:18 AM
    • #72

    Finished the game last night, absolutely awesome.

    The last few levels are so much fun and has some awesome visuals.

    A worthy followup to Half Life, in my opinion.

    Now I have to start waiting for HL3 ;(~!

  • OL
    • November 18, 2004 at 7:25 AM
    • #73

    i liked in the beginning of the game when barny compliments gordon for pressing the button, obviously poking fun at the hl1 "experiment"

  • GrayFox
    • November 18, 2004 at 9:26 AM
    • #74

    I just beat it too...

    By far the best FPS EVER.

    but once again only more questions raised and NO answers given... sigh.

  • ginsengavenger
    • November 18, 2004 at 10:41 AM
    • #75

    that's part of the beauty, you get to fill in those blanks yourself...

  • GrayFox
    • November 18, 2004 at 11:24 AM
    • #76

    There's too much to fill... Guess we just have to wait for HL3.

  • JynxDaddy
    • November 18, 2004 at 11:39 AM
    • #77

    Someone help me find all the easter eggs and gman sightings. I know of a few.

  • ginsengavenger
    • November 18, 2004 at 12:00 PM
    • #78
    Quote from GrayFox

    There's too much to fill... Guess we just have to wait for HL3.

    ten bucks says it'll be like, ten years this time... they got better things to do for the time being.

  • Tisky
    • November 18, 2004 at 3:21 PM
    • #79

    Also beat it. So now im gonna cry because all i got is CS:S which sux balls. Il rather cook some food.. yeah lets do that.

  • st0lve
    • November 18, 2004 at 4:28 PM
    • #80

    ITS TOO SHORT!!!111

    I'm done with it.

    I wish it was like atleast 4 times as long.

    HL felt like it took atleast a week, and this only took 2 days :S

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™