1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Time for things to change.

  • JynxDaddy
  • November 13, 2004 at 1:17 PM
  • Tequila
    • November 15, 2004 at 2:12 AM
    • #21
    Quote from JynxDaddy

    I would like to see some big write ups on the Design aspect of mapping, because its relevant to everyone (if not why are you here).And I would like to read it

    Here's a write-up for you:

    "Design is law."

    Then again, look where that got Romero.

  • Izuno
    • November 15, 2004 at 5:21 AM
    • #22

    plz...SA forums? We have a unique community here focused on game design. don't lose the focus. especially not now.

    i can't believe this idea was even suggested, but then again, it shouldn't be a shock.

  • FrieChamp
    • November 15, 2004 at 8:28 AM
    • #23
    Quote from JynxDaddy

    I would like to see some big write ups on the Design aspect of mapping, because its relevant to everyone (if not why are you here).And I would like to read it

    I agree that articles would be cool.

  • Skjalg
    • November 15, 2004 at 1:50 PM
    • #24

    now that HL2 is on the roll, and since we have som pretty valuable resources here (Zaphod etc), i think we should manage to spit out some good tutorials...

    like, us normal people can write, just get pro help from the 1337ers...

    tuts = best!!!1

  • kleinluka
    • November 15, 2004 at 2:29 PM
    • #25

    Well I disagree with the thread. I think Mapcore does indeed need a change, but away from the stupid and pointless posts and towards focused critique on artworks and a more mature community that attracts newcomers instead of scaring them away D:

  • Fletch
    • November 15, 2004 at 4:12 PM
    • #26

    but newcomers smell funny...

  • kleinluka
    • November 15, 2004 at 6:25 PM
    • #27

    as do you.

  • Tequila
    • November 15, 2004 at 6:47 PM
    • #28
    Quote from kleinluka

    Well I disagree with the thread. I think Mapcore does indeed need a change, but away from the stupid and pointless posts and towards focused critique on artworks and a more mature community that attracts newcomers instead of scaring them away D:

    Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™