1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Transfer UV layout, render to texture issues

  • arhurt
  • February 9, 2009 at 9:24 PM
  • arhurt
    • February 9, 2009 at 9:24 PM
    • #1

    Hi, I'm using the technique shown here to fix a model I've made. The current model uses 2 large texture sheets that I must change into 3 smaller sheets so that I can save up on Alpha channels.

    Now I'm having problems at some point, and I think it is related to render to texture.

    Here is a part of the model that I must transfer to a new UV:

    [Blocked Image: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Arhurt/3D%20art/Wheel01.jpg]

    And here is the result I get with the baked diffuse map on the new UV:

    [Blocked Image: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Arhurt/3D%20art/Wheel02.jpg]

    Here is a comparisson of the original texture sheet side by side with the new sheet created from RTT (original on right):

    [Blocked Image: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/Arhurt/3D%20art/Wheel03.jpg]

    I'm not sure what could be wrong, if you have any idea, or if this is a common issue, let me know. Thanks a lot.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™