1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Episode 2 Models -> DoD: S?

  • Squirrelly
  • November 17, 2008 at 10:51 PM
  • Squirrelly
    • November 17, 2008 at 10:51 PM
    • #1

    So I've been fucking around with Hammer lately, and what I haven't fully figured out how to do is use props from one Source game and use it in another. Obviously this requires you to have Episode 2 as well as DoD: S, but I'm not worried about that since I have no plans on making any of my shitty work public. I know you can somehow import the model, but from what I've gathered you have to recompile it. Is it not possible to simply have Hammer point to the models in a specific .gcf and have it go from there? I'm sure this question has been asked before, but since my Googleing skills are pretty terrible, I thought I'd ask you fine gentleman.

  • skdr
    • November 19, 2008 at 10:05 AM
    • #2

    Just extract the needed models/materials from Episode 2 GCF and put them to your DOD:S folder.

  • the0rthopaedicsurgeon
    • November 19, 2008 at 5:03 PM
    • #3

    if you keep them in the same relative folder (.../dods/models/x from .../ep2/models/x) then you don't need to recompile, but that directory is included in the model itself so if you move it somewhere else it wont load.

    the orange box also uses updated texture and model formats, so you'll need a conversion tool (someone made one for TF2 before the sdk was updated) if you want to use ep2 content in a non-OB game like CSS or most mods.

  • skdr
    • November 19, 2008 at 7:20 PM
    • #4

    DoD: Source uses the Orange Box engine. No need to make any converts.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™