1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Vault
  3. Archived Forums
  4. Non-Professional Recruitment

HL2 Level Designer Wanted

  • bukowski
  • November 16, 2008 at 6:47 PM
  • bukowski
    • November 16, 2008 at 6:47 PM
    • #1

    Hi There,

    I am looking for a level designer to work with on our 3d platformer mod. The project is essentially to be used as a basis for a set of tutorials, patches and prehaps a base for others to build upon. We also, however, want to make it fun and playable.

    I'm looking for someone who is very comfortable with hammer and can be creative with the design. I have a vague set of ideas for the levels and there are certain principles that would need to be included. But it would be down to you to create the layout and map flow.

    There are still some issues and bugs but I feel we are at the stage now that we would benefit from having some decent levels to work with.

    Here is a short clip demonstrating the game play. I apologise for the quality,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    The embedded utube clip doesnt work on my browser so heres the link if it doesnt work on yours

    http://%7Boption%7D

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    If you are interested please pm or post your details so I can get in touch.

    Many thanks,

    X

  • omega322
    • December 9, 2008 at 2:51 AM
    • #2

    Though I'm not an expert fully in hammer I am comfortable, and I really enjoy your idea, you can contact me at...

    Email: [email protected]

    Steam friends: alpha322

  • Punky
    • December 9, 2008 at 1:39 PM
    • #3

    Great concept, I might make a map for your mod once my other projects are done, could you give us some more info on the mod, the art direction etc? Or does the mapper just has to make what he thinks looks good, and is fun to play?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™