1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Incorporating weapon models into HL2 mods question

  • PierreOfTheFrench
  • September 14, 2008 at 3:12 AM
  • PierreOfTheFrench
    • September 14, 2008 at 3:12 AM
    • #1

    Hi, I have just started modeling and playing around with half life 2 and have been trying to get my weapon model into the game. I use XSI as my modeling program and have used the crowbar reference model to make my model off of. After I export it and run it through the studomdl program I put it in the appropriate weapons folder in my mods folder and through the model viewer I can see that the model works. However, I have been unsuccessful in texturing it. I edit the crowbars script text to use my model as the view model but when I run the game the first person view model is not there or it is invisible. The only things I was wondering if were the reason were this not working is whether a file in the models folder with the extension .ctx needs to also be modified although I was unable to find the proper program to open it, or maybe it needs a texture to show up at all although i figured it would show up as the black/purple checkers. If anyone knows of any good sites that have tutorials or even more appropriate forums that would be really nice or if anyone knows the problem. Thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™