1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Creative Chat

totally random texture thread

  • mikezilla
  • October 19, 2004 at 1:04 AM
  • DaanO
    • June 7, 2005 at 6:15 PM
    • #181

    Peri it looks really cool when applied to architecture. A thing that has to be said is that it looks really computergame'ish. Personally, with an engine this advanced, i am more interested in trying to make something look as real as possible.

    Anyway, good stuff.

    Edit: oh, didn't see klein's last reply. I totally agree. That would be awesome.

  • KungFuSquirrel
    • June 8, 2005 at 3:39 AM
    • #182
    Quote from Pericolos0

    i know it can be more realistic but ultra realism isnt really my goal here. I just want to create something that looks pretty.

    Looks like you're doing well, then! I wasn't quite sure what I thought when I first saw it (though I immediately approved of the grid-based layout ) but seeing on geometry really sold me on it. Eager to see where you take this.

  • curman
    • June 15, 2005 at 7:28 PM
    • #183

    hay hay g-unit

    I kinda suck at texturing, but I was doing a map and I had to make up some poster designs to fit the mood, so heres one I tried.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.boomspeed.com/ozimander/leninposter022mn.jpg]

    I have yet to successfully to torn edges and whatnot, I tried a few times but nothing looked too realistic.

  • mike-0
    • June 15, 2005 at 8:36 PM
    • #184

    that looks really nice peri

  • Campaignjunkie
    • June 15, 2005 at 9:49 PM
    • #185

    Some "desert palace" type textures. (mostly photosourced from Mayang / stock.xchng) Yes, I know I am shameless.

    [Blocked Image: http://campaignjunkie.hlgaming.com/persia/persia00.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://campaignjunkie.hlgaming.com/persia/persia06.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://campaignjunkie.hlgaming.com/persia/persia02.jpg]

  • Nysuatro
    • June 15, 2005 at 9:52 PM
    • #186

    Wow very nice

  • Zacker
    • June 15, 2005 at 10:04 PM
    • #187

    I like making thorn edges so I also had to try with this one:) It's just a quickie made solely by painting a bit with some of the special brushes.

    [Blocked Image: http://thefuture.dk/1/leninposter.png]

  • Kreigore
    • June 15, 2005 at 11:44 PM
    • #188

    I had to destroy it!

    [Blocked Image: http://www.gamingeye.com/temp/personal/kreigore/poster.jpg]

    Sorry, I just couldnt resist!

  • curman
    • June 16, 2005 at 12:27 AM
    • #189

    Tis not bad, but it's not what I was lookin for.

    It looks a lil' unrealistic, I mean this isnt totally destroyed, really I just meant corners and maybe few tears. This looks like a bomb hit it D:

  • Kreigore
    • June 16, 2005 at 12:50 AM
    • #190

    Ok, here a less "wartorn" aproach.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.gamingeye.com/temp/personal/kreigore/poster2.jpg]

  • kleinluka
    • June 16, 2005 at 2:42 AM
    • #191

    peel the paper around some of the edges

  • JynxDaddy
    • June 16, 2005 at 8:59 AM
    • #192

    Paper doesn't erode like that...

  • curman
    • June 16, 2005 at 9:07 PM
    • #193

    [Blocked Image: http://www.boomspeed.com/ozimander/finalish.jpg]

    With help from phlek~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  • Zacker
    • June 16, 2005 at 9:21 PM
    • #194

    Looks great! At least much better than my attempt:P

  • mike-0
    • June 17, 2005 at 2:25 AM
    • #195

    tear the top left edge

  • jamin620
    • June 17, 2005 at 2:48 AM
    • #196

    first of a couple of photo-based textures from around my town.

    [Blocked Image: http://img203.echo.cx/img203/876/redbrick2ge.gif]

    Why havn't there been any decent texture packs relesed for source? I didnt think I would say this when I saw the ammount of textures relesed with HL2, but they are gettin real old real quick.

  • Kamikazi!
    • June 17, 2005 at 5:00 AM
    • #197

    I noticed the bricks you copied to make it tile and decided to try and tile it, then simulate it from a distance. Here is what happens.

    You need to adjust the lighting of the bricks so the picture below doesn't happen. There is a clump of the same lit bricks, then it goes to very light. Try to make it vary more.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.w00th4x0r.com/misc/bricks.jpg]

  • jamin620
    • June 17, 2005 at 5:18 AM
    • #198

    [Blocked Image: http://img88.echo.cx/img88/709/redbrick0pb.gif]

    Hows that look?

  • Kamikazi!
    • June 17, 2005 at 6:00 AM
    • #199

    It is a better base, but still has minor repeating issues. The overall color and contrast could stand to be changed. IMO just isn't the right contrast or color for a game.

  • sensee
    • June 17, 2005 at 12:17 PM
    • #200

    nobody uses one wall texture for one huge face nowadays. if you use decals, props and a nice lighting, nobody's gonna notice the repeating stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™