1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Creative Chat

totally random texture thread

  • mikezilla
  • October 19, 2004 at 1:04 AM
  • Centrum
    • January 21, 2005 at 12:40 AM
    • #61

    Well thanks for the comments - this is my 2nd texture ever

    Could you give me some tips on how to make the texture more suitable for a game? I thought the aim with the textures was to make them as realistic as possible...but it seems I was wrong

    Best,

    Centrum

  • von*ferret
    • January 21, 2005 at 12:41 AM
    • #62

    too much white

  • FrieChamp
    • January 21, 2005 at 8:57 AM
    • #63
    Quote from csharp

    2 photorealistic! try to make it look more like.. game texture

    I don't think that is "too photorealistic", would suit perfect for a FarCry map beside the fact that it is indeed a little bit too white.

  • Centrum
    • January 21, 2005 at 10:13 AM
    • #64

    I guess by too white you mean too bright? Here is another version. The white bits come from sand - its in essence dried sand with some loose bits on the top. It could be that my lcd display makes the texture look a bit different than you guys see it.

    [Blocked Image: http://img156.exs.cx/img156/6548/mud27om.jpg]

    That better?

    Btw. champ, I see that you're working at Crytek - cool I don't have FarCry with me at the moment, let alone the sandbox editor - It would be awesome if you could use the texture in some test level and send me screenshot of it - of course, only if you find the time. I'd love to see how it looks ingame. (I can send it to you in any fileformat - tga, ...)

    Thanks a bunch

  • kleinluka
    • January 21, 2005 at 2:53 PM
    • #65

    now undo your sharpen filter about 50 times and take out the crazy contrast

  • Centrum
    • January 21, 2005 at 3:24 PM
    • #66

    Ok, last try

    [Blocked Image: http://img132.exs.cx/img132/1845/mud25np.jpg]

    The contrast must seem a bit wired, I know, but here's a slice of the reference photo to show that its sorta like that in real life.

    [Blocked Image: http://img132.exs.cx/img132/3696/untitled14iw.jpg]

    It would be really cool if someone found the time to quickly throw it onto some brushes in a level editor (like Sandbox, Hammer or UnrealED) and send a screenie. Thanks!

    Best,

    Centrum

  • ReNo
    • January 31, 2005 at 5:31 PM
    • #67

    The texture repeats pretty poorly on the first texture, but it looks really nice on the second one.

    Centrum, the changes have been subtle but for the best I think. Its a nice texture as far as I can tell, but I can picture it repeating kinda badly due to the standout features on it.

  • kleinluka
    • January 31, 2005 at 5:37 PM
    • #68

    I really dig the trim

  • PhilipK
    • January 31, 2005 at 7:34 PM
    • #69

    Ok, but I made the worst rock texture ever today:

    [Blocked Image: http://blaz.csbanana.com/testhl20000.jpg]

    Got totally fux00red up.. meh.

  • The Postman
    • January 31, 2005 at 7:48 PM
    • #70

    heh, looks like rotten leaves Phil.

    Try and tone down the dark areas and contrast a bit.

  • PhilipK
    • January 31, 2005 at 7:50 PM
    • #71

    lol yeah, the contrast is fkn wicked.

  • kleinluka
    • March 11, 2005 at 6:10 AM
    • #72

    made these in like 20 minutes for a contest on polycount.com

    [Blocked Image: http://kleinluka.morphew.de/misc/kl_polycount2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://kleinluka.morphew.de/misc/kl_polycount1.jpg]

  • Minos
    • March 11, 2005 at 6:13 AM
    • #73

    20 minutes ??? Thats why ur a pro man

  • kleinluka
    • March 11, 2005 at 6:15 AM
    • #74

    yeah after working in 1024 and 512 for 8 months 256s are like a joke

  • xRYqX7pY2Kko2YBOCL
    • March 12, 2005 at 3:46 AM
    • #75

    Love the windows, well done.

    Probably blury cause of the size.

  • skdr
    • March 12, 2005 at 6:28 AM
    • #76

    klein I love you :)

  • st0lve
    • March 13, 2005 at 6:02 PM
    • #77

    3 random textures that I have made the past week or so:

    Some dirt\wood stuff:

    [Blocked Image: http://img219.exs.cx/img219/6915/st0dirt011lk.jpg]

    Clean tiles:

    [Blocked Image: http://img219.exs.cx/img219/870/st0tiles028mw.jpg]

    Some ugly wall:

    [Blocked Image: http://img171.exs.cx/img171/5533/st0wall014mb.jpg]

  • xRYqX7pY2Kko2YBOCL
    • March 13, 2005 at 7:44 PM
    • #78

    I like the last one.

  • InsaneSingingBlender
    • March 13, 2005 at 7:52 PM
    • #79

    you have a nice bottom lolol :lol: ~

  • csharp
    • March 13, 2005 at 8:40 PM
    • #80
    Quote from kleinluka

    yeah after working in 1024 and 512 for 8 months 256s are like a joke

    so damn true ~~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™