1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Prince of Persia E3 trailer is live

  • Furyo
  • July 15, 2008 at 1:28 PM
  • Furyo
    • July 15, 2008 at 1:28 PM
    • #1

    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36270.html

  • PogoP
    • July 15, 2008 at 1:59 PM
    • #2

    I hate Gametrailers now. I've seen those black guys dancing to that horrible music over 40 times this week... Damn advertising. It's actually putting me off buying whatever the hell it's selling.

    On topic though, I'll check out the trailer shortly.

    Edit - Looks pretty decent. I like the graphical style, it reminds me of Twilight Princess. But the music in the trailer was a bit underwhelming...

  • Steppenwolf
    • July 15, 2008 at 2:05 PM
    • #3

    It looks really good. I like the art style!

    Trailer missed a bit of a punch tho. Think it was the downtempo music that didnt fit so well.

  • dux
    • July 15, 2008 at 2:24 PM
    • #4
    Quote from PogoP

    I hate Gametrailers now. I've seen those black guys dancing to that horrible music over 40 times this week... Damn advertising. It's actually putting me off buying whatever the hell it's selling.

    Oh god me too! I was ready to throw my monitor out the sodding window. I agree with stepp, it did feel a bit like a wet flannel but I very much liked the look of it!

  • Erratic
    • July 15, 2008 at 2:51 PM
    • #5

    Is that...Sigur ros?

    Looking really cool, whipping that chick around at enemies is gonna be sweet.

  • -HP-
    • July 15, 2008 at 4:16 PM
    • #6

    the art of this game, is simply gorgeous.

    the gameplay looks decent as well, looking forward!

  • Minos
    • July 15, 2008 at 4:47 PM
    • #7

    I got mixed feelings with this. The environments look gorgeous and epic, I really like the colors and art direction. Everything else however, specially the characters, look a bit "Final Fantasy'ish" and god how I hate those games...

    Anyways, looking forward to it!

  • KungFuSquirrel
    • July 15, 2008 at 4:59 PM
    • #8

    I love, love, LOVE what some of the trailers are doing this year. Some great editing and presentation while still showing the game.

    I think this looks awesome, but I wish it didn't do the outlining around the characters. I think the feel could still be there without it. I actually found myself wishing there was more 'sketchiness' to it like when it fades to the concept version at the back.

    That's nitpicking, though, great trailer.

  • Warby
    • July 15, 2008 at 6:16 PM
    • #9

    i always adored the pop games and this one looks even better i am excited =)

  • aevirex
    • July 15, 2008 at 6:37 PM
    • #10

    With the music and the slow pacing the trailer reminds me of the first Mirror's Edge trailer a lot. Other than that it looks pretty cool of course.

  • Furyo
    • September 21, 2008 at 6:26 AM
    • #11

    Bumpy bump....the game comes out on Dec. 2nd

  • Izuno
    • September 22, 2008 at 9:08 PM
    • #12

    I don't mind the black outlines so much on the characters. I can see why it people would not prefer it, but the black outlines definitely accentuate the animations which so far look very high quality. As an aside, would it be technologically easy to turn that on/off in game?

    I did feel the music was a little off but I'm hoping what's in the game is better. Still, the trailer shows so much of the female companion in gameplay that having relationship-y skewing music is kind of a match. It really has a warm, Ico feeling with her in it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™