1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[HL2] SP Portfolio Map

  • Shadow801
  • June 29, 2008 at 10:35 PM
  • Shadow801
    • June 29, 2008 at 10:35 PM
    • #1

    Hey.

    Would be awesome if you all could offer me some critique on this map of mine that will be a singleplayer map used in my portfolio for when I apply to future mods.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.gmodshot.com/images/1214494579.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.gmodshot.com/images/1214729561.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.gmodshot.com/images/1214729566.jpg]

    Thanks Going to be updating it constantly.

  • Jetsetlemming
    • June 29, 2008 at 10:55 PM
    • #2

    Could be the angle, but I don't like how the floor looks in the first shot- the texture looks off with the environment. Overall the use of red in the screenshots seems somewhat off- what purpose was there, for the builders of whatever construction this map is set in (I can't tell what it's supposed to be) to paint red stripes down the halls.

    I like the second two shots- a lot- though it looks a little bit gloomier than it feels like it should.

  • Shadow801
    • June 29, 2008 at 10:59 PM
    • #3

    The red stripes were there to make it clear to the workers at the time of construction what sector they were in, as previous to it's abandoning the area would of been extremely well looked after and due to how clean it is; hard to tell the diffrence on where you are at that point in time.

    I then continued to use red throughout the map. I hate it when there is color clash and so I try to repeat use of the same colors through the entire map.

  • Freak
    • June 30, 2008 at 12:18 PM
    • #4

    the door light in the 2nd shot looks a bit weird to me, but the rest is really good

  • Shadow801
    • June 30, 2008 at 4:12 PM
    • #5

    Indeed. I've changed that now, I put a blocklight brush and a regular light entity which worked quite well, although i'm having problems with that light, it doesn't seem to update when I recompile, yet everything else does.

  • Ryukolink
    • June 30, 2008 at 9:22 PM
    • #6

    the lighting and detail are looking very good for a WIP

    let me know when you want to apply to a mod

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™