1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Creative Chat

Some photographs

  • Satyre
  • June 7, 2008 at 1:32 PM
  • Satyre
    • June 7, 2008 at 1:32 PM
    • #1

    Hey

    I'm novice about photography and I created a photoblog in order to exhibit a part of my work.

    Here are more photographs. I give simply link because there're a good few photographs yet.

    I use a Canon EOS 350D with a Canon EF-S 18-55mm or Canon EF 55-200mm lenses.

    Some examples :

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/d/8/b/367791c2acdc9cbb91f70cf440581.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/2/5/b/05a94e78b47d37e79fae4ed25f99d.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/e/c/8/6b331c3b38d9d4fe0f14c09e9928f.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/6/6/8/9748e625ec330d076c08d68418a8d.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/f/7/d/be5072346f8fd2aee3f6cd8b0a7e2.jpg]

  • Punky
    • June 7, 2008 at 1:36 PM
    • #2

    Some amazing shots, I like the contrast you created with the B&w and one very flashy color, I like the one with the cat the most, it makes people wonder where it is looking at, it has a mysterious effect

  • -HP-
    • June 8, 2008 at 2:14 AM
    • #3

    Very well done!

  • JeanPaul
    • June 8, 2008 at 3:54 AM
    • #4

    Cool shots, but nothing screams cheesy like a black and white image with color pieces, its just weird and obviously edited as there is no way to achieve the effect in the camera.

  • Satyre
    • June 8, 2008 at 9:59 AM
    • #5

    Thanks !

    Quote from JeanPaul

    Cool shots, but nothing screams cheesy like a black and white image with color pieces, its just weird and obviously edited as there is no way to achieve the effect in the camera.

    Yea, I just edited shots in photoshop ^^.

  • ⌐■_■
    • June 9, 2008 at 1:52 AM
    • #6

    i think you have a good eye for composition. keep going your own way!

    also, if youre really novice, like you said then youre really talented too!

  • Satyre
    • June 9, 2008 at 8:48 AM
    • #7

    In fact, I have been starting photography for one week !

    But I have got a good camera, a nice garden, photoshop & fancy (& a few luck )... there's no reason to miss my shots ^^.

    My really problem is about landscape shots. They are bad. Also, I don't know all options of my camera.

    Thanks for nice words !

  • Blunkka
    • June 9, 2008 at 1:38 PM
    • #8

    Got a tripod? Having one usually improves landscape shots as you can use lower ISO and smaller aperture.

  • Satyre
    • June 9, 2008 at 6:20 PM
    • #9

    I have got a tripod, but I don't use it. I'll test to take shots with it next time . About ISO, I didn't know this... (I'm really novice ) I just look at some examples on website & looks really better than without ISO. I'll do tests !

    Thx !

  • Sindwiller
    • June 11, 2008 at 3:41 PM
    • #10

    I absolutely love the cat shot. Nice work!

  • Satyre
    • June 27, 2008 at 10:30 AM
    • #11

    Hi

    I put on display no photograph but some drawings ^^. It's not really thread for that, I know...

    Well, as a great fan of painting I draw mainly in photoshop especially photorealistics paintings (of course).

    Up to now I realised two photorealistics paintings whose I made two speed-painting videos.

    Here is my last drawing (about Liv Tyler) :

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/6/4/e/a2ebf71bed3ac0845edb3a87d343b.jpg]

    ==>

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    (actual time about 2h45)Another drawing (my first photorealisctic painting), a japanese girl :

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/d/4/7/b1ef8e56b66d9ea5714cbf6a50f4a.jpg]

    ==>

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    (actual time about 3 hours)(it was my first speed painting video, it's missed)

    there, time to do ad ^^

    By the way, there's not thread about painting around here, by any chance ?

  • Jenn0_Bing
    • June 27, 2008 at 11:45 AM
    • #12

    Those are both really impressive. As for a place to post paintings there's the Wip Texture/2D Art Gallery.

  • ⌐■_■
    • June 28, 2008 at 12:27 AM
    • #13

    wow.. you must be one of mapcore's finesty 2d artist

  • Satyre
    • June 30, 2008 at 3:34 PM
    • #14

    Thanks !

    Quote from Jenn0_Bing

    As for a place to post paintings there's the Wip Texture/2D Art Gallery.

    Okay, I thought it was about textures solely.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™