1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Your impression on CS:SOURCE

  • DD
  • October 8, 2004 at 2:05 PM
  • DD
    • October 8, 2004 at 2:05 PM
    • #1

    VARY GOO! Only thing I was upset about, level design wise, seems like a lot of the maps could use more polish. Missing trim, fake stairs in cs_havana, poor or temp world detail models, etc. etc.

    The physics and the beefy computers are the winnar! :!:

  • GrayFox
    • October 8, 2004 at 2:17 PM
    • #2

    I love it even though I'm quite fed up with CS.

    I don't understand people who prefer 1.6 over Source. Everytime CS gets improved ppl start whining. Guess it will always be like that.

  • Section_Ei8ht
    • October 8, 2004 at 2:36 PM
    • #3

    everything was badass, but there are not enough maps.

  • skdr
    • October 8, 2004 at 2:38 PM
    • #4

    I love it. It's a great step forward from old HL1 engine. Physics are awesome. Only thing that annoys me are the shadows (overlapping and going thru objects etc.)

    Also it would be cool to run towards objects (like barrels) and make then move. It just bounces me off from the object now.

    Anyway, its a great game

  • Urban
    • October 8, 2004 at 2:44 PM
    • #5

    cs source killed my dog...

  • Mazy
    • October 8, 2004 at 2:55 PM
    • #6

    havent got it, and u need to buy hl via steam to get it right?

    anyway, from what Ive seen then it lux visually very goo!

  • Minos
    • October 8, 2004 at 3:44 PM
    • #7

    yes mazzle, its available only via steam atm. I'm just waiting teh warez to dl it D:

  • GrayFox
    • October 8, 2004 at 4:24 PM
    • #8
    Quote from skdr

    Also it would be cool to run towards objects (like barrels) and make then move. It just bounces me off from the object now.

    Yes, in the early version of the Source BETA you could move stuff very easilly by simply walking towards them. I don't know why they changed that.

  • insta
    • October 8, 2004 at 4:30 PM
    • #9

    I love it, although my fps suffers at times when alot of fighting is going on.

    The source engine is amazing.

  • Taylor
    • October 8, 2004 at 9:16 PM
    • #10

    I like the cunning Radeon placement

  • von*ferret
    • October 8, 2004 at 9:48 PM
    • #11

    radeon placement?

  • Taylor
    • October 8, 2004 at 10:08 PM
    • #12

    http://forums.hostileintent.org/uploads ... 193183.jpg

  • von*ferret
    • October 8, 2004 at 10:12 PM
    • #13

    wow that shot looks like shit

  • Bic-B@ll
    • October 8, 2004 at 10:14 PM
    • #14

    it doesn't matter how it looks, it has PHYSICS!

    shoot the computer and watch it rebound off the wall and fly 10 feet!

  • st0lve
    • October 8, 2004 at 10:27 PM
    • #15

    de_piranesi sux now

  • TomWithTheWeather
    • October 8, 2004 at 11:08 PM
    • #16

    OMG!!!1 FyISicS!!! SH1nyStUFFFs !!!!!!7

    About time the HL/CS community caught up. The HL/CS fanatics finally have a pretty looking game to scream about. :wink: (Disclaimer: Sarcastic comment - DD approved)

    But seriously, it does indeed look good. I've never been much of a fan of CS, but I'll have to give it a retry when I find it on the shelf. I'm looking forward to playing HL2 though; looks like it'll be a fun game like the first.

  • skdr
    • October 9, 2004 at 12:02 AM
    • #17

    Spacestation: Source

    http://skdr.dodfi.net/source/source_physics.avi

    I LOVE IT

  • Minos
    • October 9, 2004 at 12:41 AM
    • #18

    man that fucking small pic of DoD I saw on steam look very bad imo

  • skdr
    • October 9, 2004 at 1:18 AM
    • #19

    Its oooooooooold picture.

  • Minos
    • October 9, 2004 at 5:02 AM
    • #20

    well if its old theres no sense to put it on the DoD:source steam frontpage, since u need to have a great impression to be keen about it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 2 Guests
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™