1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Creative Chat

My photo thread

  • JeanPaul
  • April 20, 2008 at 7:46 PM
  • JeanPaul
    • April 20, 2008 at 7:46 PM
    • #1

    I make a lot of threads in here so I will keep it all in here and just post more shots as I take them

    Its mostly random photos, but here is a starter.

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3012/2426641965_42baaa1181_o.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2387/2426641753_9ff8620c0e_o.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2042/2427455852_7f72525469_o.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2360/2426641211_ab8c172ec0_o.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2118/2427454906_e459531638_o.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3179/2426635455_826b8ee924_o.jpg]

  • e-freak
    • April 20, 2008 at 8:15 PM
    • #2

    WHOCHA - I like 1,2,3 and 5 A LOT! You have some very decent stuff there! I'm not sure about Nr.4 - the quality seems to lack kinda. And Nr. 6 lacks full Sharpness on the portrait :S

  • JeanPaul
    • April 20, 2008 at 8:51 PM
    • #3

    Yeah totally, the forth one of the driver in his seat has a weird grain to it, and I have no idea where it came from

  • Jenn0_Bing
    • April 20, 2008 at 9:11 PM
    • #4

    Yeah, the fourth has the look of one of those 80's school documentaries we used to get shown in science lessons. Nice stuff with the rest of them, as i said i think the first one is my favourite.

  • dissonance
    • April 21, 2008 at 6:46 AM
    • #5

    Most are 'Image' to me, but I do like the last one. Makes me wanna know the story leading up to it.

  • JeanPaul
    • April 21, 2008 at 2:21 PM
    • #6

    What do you mean 'image'?

  • mjens
    • April 21, 2008 at 5:55 PM
    • #7

    first one is great :>

  • JeanPaul
    • April 22, 2008 at 4:50 PM
    • #8

    Thanks

    I took this yesterday and liked it

    [Blocked Image: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2071/2434390940_79729e86b2_o.jpg]

  • e-freak
    • April 22, 2008 at 5:18 PM
    • #9

    Is this post-edited with some hdr tool? the lighting and contrast is a A+. I kind of dislike the perspective though. I'd have gone with a Teleshot or a more parallelized perspective with less grass in the shot and more sky.

  • dissonance
    • April 22, 2008 at 5:32 PM
    • #10
    Quote from JeanPaul

    What do you mean 'image'?

    They just say 'image' instead of actually showing something.I like the new one, but how did you get the sky to come out like that?

    Images

    • wind_waker_outset_island.webp
      • 13.66 kB
      • 614 × 477
  • Ginger Lord
    • April 22, 2008 at 5:37 PM
    • #11

    It's good, but I think it would be better as a horizontal panorama style shot minus the shadow.

  • JeanPaul
    • April 22, 2008 at 5:48 PM
    • #12
    Quote from ginger_lord

    It's good, but I think it would be better as a horizontal panorama style shot minus the shadow.

    Yeah I tried that shot, but I didnt like it as much. I thought the shadow added something, to each his own I guess

    Quote from dissonance

    They just say 'image' instead of actually showing something.I like the new one, but how did you get the sky to come out like that?

    Oh, it just doesnt load I dont know why, its Flickr, it should work.

    As for the sky, all I have to say is the Burn tool at an opacity of less than 50%

    Quote from e-freak

    Is this post-edited with some hdr tool? the lighting and contrast is a A+. I kind of dislike the perspective though. I'd have gone with a Teleshot or a more parallelized perspective with less grass in the shot and more sky.

    No, its just a normal shot with some contrast editing in PS

  • JeanPaul
    • May 4, 2008 at 11:05 PM
    • #13

    Some more

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3004/2319726777_147db57925_b.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3208/2319748961_64b084f3aa_b.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2354/2283225504_c3a2048e7f_b.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2072/2465784630_1efc34cef8_o.jpg]

  • e-freak
    • May 5, 2008 at 1:15 PM
    • #14

    The Animalshots are of shocking quality damn it - the first one with the intense use of depth of field is pure win.

    The interior isn't as great - it's still a nice and interesting shot but I don't know what possibilities you had on the lighting but I imagine the scene could have a lot more atmosphere with some decent lighting contrasts.

  • JeanPaul
    • May 5, 2008 at 7:06 PM
    • #15

    Yeah it was just a random shot I took at my waste, I thought it was cool.

    But that dog one is shot with a 55mm f/1.8

  • JeanPaul
    • May 6, 2008 at 8:31 PM
    • #16

    Some more again

    [Blocked Image: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2064/2471036473_9f3da5dc24_o.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2411/2471028479_5f2aa5153d_o.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3020/2471030551_bd7f100670_o.jpg]

  • Sindwiller
    • May 6, 2008 at 9:58 PM
    • #17

    <3 catz

    For some reason, the second pic is just awesome. I don't know why. It just is.

  • JeanPaul
    • May 9, 2008 at 2:45 AM
    • #18

    [Blocked Image: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2271/2477482060_8822f413b4_o.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3209/2477481758_423617a87f_o.jpg]

  • e-freak
    • May 9, 2008 at 3:56 PM
    • #19

    psycho - like them alot and you improved your imagequality alot since your last portraits

  • JeanPaul
    • May 10, 2008 at 4:08 AM
    • #20

    Thanks man

    More:

    [Blocked Image: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2221/2479011493_1486a18630_o.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3220/2479824478_ec8ce7dcd5_o.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2340/2479010755_0d5dc4e88a_o.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2207/2479823790_f35a4277b5_o.jpg]

    Personal Favorite

    [Blocked Image: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2257/2479010035_1a7ee2e233_o.jpg]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 2 Guests
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™