1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

No reflections in game

  • sk3tch
  • March 18, 2008 at 6:05 AM
  • sk3tch
    • March 18, 2008 at 6:05 AM
    • #1

    I have this problem specifically to Counter-Strike Source. I don't get reflections off windows or weapon scopes, even water in game. But when I go to HL2, DOD:S or any other new Steam game, It looks fine....everything reflects that is supposed to. I set all the settings on high and even deleted my cfg folder to be sure it wasn't some setting I screwed up.

    My CS:S used to reflect objects at one point. Any ideas what's going on? My dxlevel is set for 9. All my drivers are updated...I have a NVidia 6800.

  • skdr
    • March 18, 2008 at 10:10 AM
    • #2

    Is mat_specular set to "1" ?

  • sk3tch
    • March 18, 2008 at 9:34 PM
    • #3

    Yeah..that did it.

    Question: If it wasn't in my cfg...where was it?

  • skdr
    • March 20, 2008 at 12:36 PM
    • #4

    No idea

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™