1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

XSI Mod Tool Character Rigging?

  • Quakis
  • March 1, 2008 at 1:32 PM
  • Quakis
    • March 1, 2008 at 1:32 PM
    • #1

    I'm probably not looking hard enough, but I'm wondering if anyone here knows a decent character rigging tutorial for XSI Mod Tool? Pretty please?

    I already found a decent animation tutorial which is a lot more friendlier than Blender (from expierence) and I've got the hang of that. However each of the pieces is a seperate object in that one, while characters are usually one mesh (as far as I make them atleast) I'm probably looking for a tutorial on how to assign "groups of verticies" to a bone so I can get the hang of character animation, as well as for weapons (which would use both techniques).

    Many thanks.

  • R_Yell
    • March 1, 2008 at 3:50 PM
    • #2

    Hmm, did you checked this?

    http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki ... n_Overview

    There was another pretty straight one which was meant to reuse the SDK rig into new characters, but can't find it now.

    Here are some video tutorials for XSI&HL2, no character but there is one for weapon rigging:

    http://iwannamap.enterprise-tcw.com/

  • Quakis
    • March 1, 2008 at 7:29 PM
    • #3

    They look like what I'm looking for. I'll try to give them a go.

    Thanks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™