1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. HippoEntity

Posts by HippoEntity

  • [CSGO] de_fumble - Looking for feedback on my WIP map!

    • HippoEntity
    • June 6, 2023 at 12:38 AM

    Hey man! Thanks so much for taking the time to check out the map and type out a detailed, helpful critique. I really appreciate it. Apologies for the slow response.

    I agree with a lot of your points and I'll definitely take them on board as I keep iterating. You're right about Bombsite A, I think. Back to the drawing board with that one.

    I had a few questions though, especially with your 'Impractical Geometry' critiques. Definitely agree with your point about lots of long narrow corridors, but I was wondering what exactly you mean by:

    Quote

    Quote obstructed by a frustrating amount of arbitrary items and height variation which turn nice straight lines into parkour

    Is this mainly referring to bombsite A, or is it an overall issue with the way height variation and props are used in the map? Generally, I've tried to use those elements to block OP sightlines and to add variations to the layout. (For instance, I felt like the pillars in mid and long route through the construction area to A were working for these purposes.) Is it possible you could give some examples of where you had issues with this stuff?

    The other question I had was with this section:

    Quote

    Quote Instead of having pathes [/i]in between the bombsites, think about the different areas[/i] that you want to include and how these can be strung together. When connecting these areas it is also important to think about the flow of gameplay.

    In terms of contact points, these have been playtested to a standard that I thought was working ok, but I understand your point. I want to make sure I'm interpreting your response correctly- Are you recommending scrapping the design of 'a few snaking corridors leading to each bombsite' (eg. Ancient, Vertigo) in favour of 'a few medium-large sized areas leading to each bombsite with a small amount of snaking corridors providing flank routes' (eg. Dust2 LongA and Mid, Mirage Mid)?

    Cheers again for your in-depth feedback, it's very helpful, and no problem if you don't have time to boot the map up again to give specific examples of the stuff I mentioned.

    Jo

  • [CSGO] de_fumble - Looking for feedback on my WIP map!

    • HippoEntity
    • May 29, 2023 at 2:29 PM

    Been working on my first defuse map for a month or two. It's set in a surreal modern art gallery and is still quite unfinished.

    I want to make it viable for 5v5 competitive but I'm pretty new to CSGO mapping, so any criticism / feedback is much appreciated! The detailing etc is still pretty basic and blocky as I'm not using any custom assets, I'm mostly focused on the layout (which has evolved over the course of a decent amount of playtesting).

    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…/?id=2958136557

    I've attached a screenshot of the radar.

    Cheers!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™