1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. BookofCounterstrike

Posts by BookofCounterstrike

  • Where are the Counter-Strike mapping heroes?

    • BookofCounterstrike
    • May 2, 2023 at 2:31 PM

    Hey guys,

    it's Tobias from Germany. I'm playing Counter-Strike since Beta 6.1 and in my leisure time I've started a non-commercial YouTube channel reporting about the good old Counter-Strike times. I've created a video about the making of cs_italy with the map creators Glen Cooper & Jaison Green and I've also done video interviews with Minh Le (Creator of CS) and Michael Hüll (Creator of de_mirage/de_cpl_strike).

    Many people liked the video about cs_italy and I'd love to create more videos about the Counter-Strike mapping scene. Unfortunately it's pretty tough to reach the mapping heroes from back in the days (I was in contact with Dave Johnston from dust, but he declined an interview which is completely fine). Are here some oldschool mappers from maps like de_prodigy, cs_estate, cs_mansion, de_rats, fy_ice_world or do you probably know these guys?

    Anything helps, my channel is non-commercial and common property - it's just a gift for the Counter-Strike community.

    Thanks

    Tobias

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™