1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. AlrexX

Posts by AlrexX

  • [CSGO] de_tallon

    • AlrexX
    • March 22, 2022 at 1:24 PM

    A new update is out! This one is a bit more radical in terms of layout changes, hopefully it's a bit more balanced and easier to play now.

    Quote

    Quote Update a12 ------------------------------------------------- Tons of radical changes to the layout on this update, probably the biggest update since uploading this map to the Workshop!

    A - Reworked under area and T entrance to nerf CT rushes and make attacking the site easier - Vines! (still need to tweak the color) B - Merged CT entrance and connector to simplify the layout - Added ladder to heaven - Opened up sightline from CT to B entrance - Added arch Other - Reworked T spawn to make it more open and hopefully easier to defend against rushes - Tons and tons of clipping to stop exploits and force-crouch (those damn pillars!) - Added proper collision to arch models (I may have missed a couple)

    Really excited to see how these changes will affect the gameplay!

  • [CSGO] de_tallon

    • AlrexX
    • February 28, 2022 at 2:09 PM

    After a test with real players yesterday, turns out there's still plenty of changes to the layout I feel should be made. I still want to keep the map relatively small (even if people complained about it lol) because I trust that the problems that the map currently has don't really stem from that fact, but rather general poor design choices which I'm already working on adressing properly, which means a big update is coming soon! Hopefully the map will be more balanced as a result and I won't have to scrap it, since it was fun to play regardless of its issues.

  • [CSGO] de_tallon

    • AlrexX
    • February 22, 2022 at 11:57 AM

    I recently released an update to this map!

    Quote

    Quote

    Update a10 Thanks again to J3t for all his feedback!

    A - Extended bombsite to include top of bricks - Clipped a couple of OP boosts - Added scenery on tunnel entrance

    B - Raised and clipped wall - Reworked connector to make it less claustrophobic and added scenery - Opened up ceiling on lobby - Raised cover on lobby stairs

    Mid - Lowered wall on A short - Added scaffolding - Removed weird wood roof thing

    Other - Un-clipped scaffolding on T spawn (have fun!) - Added towers - Other stuff I do not remember

    Display More

    I think that, at this point, the map is ready to be properly detailed and optimized, I'm really excited! Here's a few extra screenshots:

    The map has been receiving so much attention in the Workshop (it even got to the front page for a few days!), and it's kind of crazy. This is the first time any of my maps has received this much positive feedback, and it's really motivating me to push towards the finish line, so to anyone who gives this map a try, thank you!

  • de_sillar (WIP)

    • AlrexX
    • February 15, 2022 at 12:00 PM
    Quote from CacouQ

    20 hours ago, CacouQ said: I have returned today with some more photo inspiration, which should help me build the theme of the map more into the layout, I already have some great plans for the layout of the A bombsite. I think the Spanish Colonial architecture will fit really nicely into the map and the vibrant colors should make visibility good once I have some textures / props in place.

    I really like the theme you're going for & the inspiration images you posted here, looking forward to seeing progress in the map!

  • [CSGO] de_tallon

    • AlrexX
    • February 11, 2022 at 11:35 PM

    Hi there! This is a map I've been working on for about a month so far, the main focus was trying to make a compact layout with fast gameplay and interesting ideas.

    Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…/?id=2741789704


Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™