1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. KlassicKent

Posts by KlassicKent

  • Kevin Monsalve | Level Designer

    • KlassicKent
    • April 26, 2021 at 6:31 PM

    Hey there! New-ish amateur level designer here so please take anything I say with a grain of salt.

    I love the atmosphere of Black Lagoon and from my point of view, your levels seem to have a consistent and solid quality to them. I noticed the Gmod level has a video but it would be cool to see it being played through so I have a sense of how it works within the actual game. Really for any of them I think somewhat of a playthrough would be a welcome addition. Also the Black Lagoon page doesn't have a download link.

    One thing that could help draw attention is making taking a screenshot of the store pages w/ the ratings since all of yours have 4/5 or better. I think this could be a good way to show how the community received the map and sort of show off your commitment to quality in a way.

    And then as you mentioned maybe showing more of your process of designing and testing the maps, along with the iteration/changes you've made would be a nice addition as well.

    Overall I think as a hobbyist I think you've got a nice portfolio. One thing I have heard people mention is to sort of separate your newer/better quality creations from your old ones. So if there was a way to have 3 of your best maps in one section, and then older/less relevant stuff on another. That way people don't get overwhelmed from the amount of maps, and they really only see the good stuff.

    Again, keep in mind I don't have much experience to speak from but these are things I've heard others mention, or just what I think might be a good idea.

    Overall great job!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™