1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Jim F Kennedy

Posts by Jim F Kennedy

  • Battery

    • Jim F Kennedy
    • April 5, 2021 at 2:48 AM
    Quote from Freaky_Banana

    1 hour ago, Freaky_Banana said: I really like the way CT Spawn looks. For middle I haven't checked it out in game but maybe you will want to add a little more contrast there. It all looks quite flat, grey and same-y, even though the lighting does help out a bit.

    Edit: I checked it out in game now.

    From CT side all is fine but as a T I didn't have the faintest clue where to expect engagement in mid. And even after I had picked out where the defense spots were, it was hard to judge depth. Colored walls or some plants would really help with guiding attention to the right spots and giving sharp edges or features by which to understand the space. Also dividing focus between that big wooden box to the right and the far back position (CT spawn entrance) felt uncomfortable.

    On another note, I really love the theming on the path from T Spawn into B through long. My only grievance here is the really awkward path to the double doors. Walking in circles feels bad and it significantly increases rotate times since you essentially have to walk that entire section, if the bomb was planted on B.


    I do really like the map though, so keep it up!

    Cheers

    Display More

    Thanks for the feedback,

    Visibility is quite shoddy at Mid but I'll give it a spit n' polish.

    As for the rest, i'll see what I can do.

  • Battery

    • Jim F Kennedy
    • April 5, 2021 at 12:37 AM

    Heres a bit of progress on the map so far.

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/x684ML5.jpg]

    Middle is coming along well, after some testing I decided to open up this area fully.

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/dK6kTpy.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/g4fc8E5.jpg]

    CT Spawn is almost finished, just need to do some clipping and whatnot and it should be ready to go.

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/2OyADfG.jpg]

  • Battery

    • Jim F Kennedy
    • March 29, 2021 at 2:30 PM

    G'day.

    I've been recently working on a classic 5v5 csgo map named Battery.

    This map takes place in and around an old WW2 bunker, converted into a gun running factory in Estonia during the early spring thaw.

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/fPVMCT9.png]

    Bombsite B was the main focus for the map, (it was originally a wingman map) and went through about 23(?) iterations.

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/fLJYfE3.jpg]

    What would be considered Middle, goes through an old dilapidated and collapsed WW2 bunker, it takes heavy inspiration from Nacht Der Untoten.

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/UE5rxNP.jpg]

    Bombsite A used to have a "nuclear bomb" sitting in the middle of the site, however I removed it because I couldn't be bothered modelling it. :D

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/Jc5tUvH.jpg]

    Aiming for an early June release date, but considering the pace of things, probably even May.

    But feel free to have a walk around the map, it's always changing and is slowly reaching more towards being finished.

    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…/?id=2401850892

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™