1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. PainCakes

Posts by PainCakes

  • de_kashmir - Screenshots from my first map!

    • PainCakes
    • May 8, 2020 at 6:23 PM

    Set in a rural northern Indian village that has been ravaged by terrorism, this quaint village is the setting of a terroristic plot to bomb a strategic stockpile. I've been working on this map for a couple of weeks now and it's been both frustrating and rewarding learning how to use hammer as well as import custom assets.

    The prop lighting in the image is messed up, but the images are of a current work in progress.

    The attached images are obviously from its current state, but I will continue to update this thread as I progress!

  • Help appreciated - Error uploading to Steam Workshop

    • PainCakes
    • May 2, 2020 at 6:45 PM

    I've been having an issue with the Steam Workshop that I hoped someone would be able to help me with. I've been trying to post a couple of maps for CSGO on the workshop. Both maps were both uploaded with Valve assets. I made sure to choose the .bsp file in my common/globaloffensive/maps folder rather than the SDK folder.


    After publishing the maps, I get a message that says "There was a problem accessing the item, please try again." This has been going on for a week now. Thinking it was an issue with my map, I tried to publish the de_dust2.bsp file as a test which came up with the same error.

    When I go to edit my publishing, I notice that the folder that the Workshop is trying to take my map from is from a "temp_xxxxxxxxx" folder, which I found strange. I was able to post my map with no problems on Gamebanana and my friends have had no issue downloading and running the map. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™